migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

migraines & memory

+3
Migrainegirl
Kem10
mattie
7 posters

Go down

migraines & memory Empty migraines & memory

Post  mattie Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:49 am

Has your memory been effected to the point that you find it impossible to memorize? I used to be able to memorize very easily. After years of migraines & possibly a mini stroke I seem to wake up in a new world everyday. I have been trying to memorize a simple piece of music for weeks. One time I sit down to play It, I might can get through part of it & the next time I forget everything I thought I knew. Things I've known all my life I have to learn over & over. I would normally think it was my age but I've been like this for 25 years. I gave up my job as church musician because of it, actually same as gave up my life.

Just wonder if it's just me. Thanks.

mattie

Back to top Go down

migraines & memory Empty Re: migraines & memory

Post  Kem10 Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:42 am

Yes, I do struggle with memorization these days. Not sure if it is age...I'm 70 or if it is migraine related, could be some of both most likely but after 35 years or more of migraine it's only been the last 10 years or so that memorization has become a problem.
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:46 am

Thanks for your reply. I'm 71 but I've been this way a long time. Sometimes I think I'm getting better then I seem to relapse. I've tried crossword puzzles & trying to memorize but nothing seems to help. I guess at this age I'm lucky to remember anything.

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Yes, this is very frustrating. It's very hard to focus and memorize things now. Used to be pretty easy.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:30 pm

I have memory problems too. And I'm still in my 20s so no chance it is age related. Also, I have issues with concentration. Makes it tough at work. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:02 am

Yes, between the migraines themselves, the meds I take as abortives, and the preventative meds, my memory isn't what it once was. Topamax made it much, much worse, which is why so many here call it dope-a-max.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:34 am

Thanks for your replies. I think a lot of mine is also concentration. Sometimes I think I have senior ADD.

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  Seaine Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:30 am

I used to have difficulties remembering important things but it's gotten much better when I stopped eating artificial food coloring. Who knows if it was the coloring itself causing the issue, or perhaps I am better now because my migraine pain is much less and I take a much lower dose of the triptans.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:45 am

Thanks Seaine, That's a good point we should all avoid. I only eat organically grown foods & do not tolerate very many foods because of various allergic reactions.

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiej Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:59 am

I also have memory issues, not just memorization. And I've got 45 years of migraines. I've just started a new brain health trial of walking (aerobics), 1/2 cup of wine and meditation each day. The wine might have to go but I'm trying to build a tolerance by gradually increasing quantity. I'm reading and streaming videos on brain health instead of migraines. Always experimenting.

Cassiej

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down