migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grr..this is driving me nuts..how many medications can I be allergic to

4 posters

Go down

Grr..this is driving me nuts..how many medications can I be allergic to Empty Grr..this is driving me nuts..how many medications can I be allergic to

Post  Greeneyes1 Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:32 am

Ugh..how many medications can I be allergic to...grrr. I went and got an injection for my migraine today. Benadryl,Dilaudid and phenergan ..I've had this for years with no problem, but today this made me so horribly itchy and made me start coughing like crazy. I had to take more benadryl in the car. Not fun at all. I can't take any of the triptans or toradol because I'm allergic and I'm also allergic to morphine..now if I'm allegic to dilaudid I have no idea what they would give me for pain medication. I wish advil could take the pain away. Sad drats Does anybody have any ideas on what would work? Please any advise? Thank you! Smile

I love you Greeneyes

Greeneyes1

Back to top Go down

Grr..this is driving me nuts..how many medications can I be allergic to Empty Re: Grr..this is driving me nuts..how many medications can I be allergic to

Post  Kem10 Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:09 am

You might ask the doctor if you can try Fiornal. It is a combo of a mild barbiturate, caffeine and either aspirin or Tylenol. I use it occasionally for rescue medicine when Imitrex is not enough. Thankfully I only need one a month or less but it used to be the only thing that would work before Imitrex came on the market.
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

Grr..this is driving me nuts..how many medications can I be allergic to Empty Re: Grr..This is driving me nuts..How many medications can I be allergic to

Post  micheletroyer Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:32 am

I have had good success with 8 mg of Decadron (a steroid) and 25 mg of Demerol.  I also get Phenergan and Torodol.  This combo knocks me out for a few precious hours of sleep, and then I usually sleep really well that night.  The steroid has allowed me to go from 100 mg of Demerol to no more than 50mg with a really bad mig.
micheletroyer
micheletroyer

Back to top Go down

Grr..this is driving me nuts..how many medications can I be allergic to Empty Re: Grr..this is driving me nuts..how many medications can I be allergic to

Post  lorente Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:29 pm

My cousin takes Nifedipine ER, AKA Procardia, and says it's working pretty well. It's a preventative, though. I'd also highly recommend the Cefaly headband; you have to use it every day, migraine or no, but it's worked wonders for me.

I know what you mean about allergies. I'm allergic or have bad reactions to just about every antibiotic out there. When I went for a flu shot the other day at the CVS clinic, the doctor there said not to bother coming there if I ever need an antibiotic, because she didn't have any idea what she would prescribe for me--not that I would go there for anything other than a flu shot, but still, just "don't bother coming here." Nice.

Best of luck.

lorente

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down