migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stress and anxiety triggers

+2
micheletroyer
Platypus
6 posters

Go down

Stress and anxiety triggers Empty Stress and anxiety triggers

Post  Platypus Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Does anyone find that if you're going through a stressful, anxious time your headache pattern changes for the worse? I was doing really well (for me), migraines every 5 days. Suddenly I'm having them every day. No changes in diet, weather or meds. Stress/anxiety is the only thing I can think of because they have been high.
Platypus
Platypus

Back to top Go down

Stress and anxiety triggers Empty Re: Stress and Anxiety Triggers

Post  micheletroyer Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:01 am

I definitely get migraines worse when I am anxious or stressed, and no amount of deep breathing or meditation will make them go away.  I take two anti-anxiety meds for co-existing psych stuff, and they help, but are not a cure all.
mt
micheletroyer
micheletroyer

Back to top Go down

Stress and anxiety triggers Empty Re: Stress and anxiety triggers

Post  Seaine Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:26 am

I have not found any difference with stressful times and more migraines. It seems unrelated to me
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:51 am

I tend to get migraines after a period of stress. They also typically occur at the end of the day, such as while driving home from work. I think its a let down effect of sorts. Studies have shown a link between stress and increased migraines, including long lasting ones. I hope things calm down for you soon, Platy. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Kem10 Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:07 am

Seaine wrote:I have not found any difference with stressful times and more migraines.  It seems unrelated to me

Same here, have never seen any kind of correlation.
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:23 am

Stress is a major issue for me. Like tortoisegirl, it tends to hit as the stress is lessening, but if the stress is ongoing, or has multiple stress triggers throwing me into an episode. Flying out to my MIL's funeral was horrible. Flying and travel bother me, then the emotional funeral, compounded on sleeping on an air bed, which was better than sleeping on the floor, but not by much. All I wanted to do when we finally got home was sleep for about 4 days.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down