migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm happy!

5 posters

Go down

I'm happy! Empty I'm happy!

Post  micheletroyer Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Today is my first pain free day since Thanksgiving 2013.  I am celebrating (but not too vigorously because exertion triggers M for me) even though the lack of pain is from taking my OTC "cocktail" of promethazine, diphenhydramine, ibuprofen and magnesium every 6 hours.

Got the ball rolling on insurance verification for my 2nd round of Botox next month.  They won't be able to do the verification until July,  but the paper is on the right desk.  Not anticipating any insurance problems because they pre-approved Botox for a year.

Also increased my dose of Savella to 50 mg twice a day.  This came about on Monday when I had to go in to get a shot.  I got the lecture about using too much Demerol and being a candidate for pain management.  I originally started Savella for Fibromyalgia, but since it works on nerves in general, my NP thought it would be a good idea to increase the dose.  Not sure if it's making a difference, but I'll take a pain free day anytime !  Very Happy 

Wishing all of you pain free days and treatments that work.
mt
micheletroyer
micheletroyer

Back to top Go down

I'm happy! Empty Re: I'm happy!

Post  Brenda L. Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Glad things are going well for you and you found something that works for you.

Best Wishes!

Brenda L.

Back to top Go down

Post  Platypus Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:28 am

Wow, congrats!
Platypus
Platypus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Please, be very careful taking ibuprofen this frequently on a continuous basis. It causes severe rebound headaches.

The only pain that ibuprofen has ever relieved, for me, were the rebound headaches that it caused!

About one hour before the next dose was due, I would get a headache. Within an hour of taking ibuprofen the headache would be gone. Then about an hour before the next dose was due the headache would return, until I took the next scheduled dose.

The cycle repeated until I got permission from the PA, who prescribed the ibuprofen to treat some pains other than headache, to discontinue my doses. After about a month, without taking any further doses of ibuprofen, the rebound headaches ended.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  Kem10 Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:06 pm

It is wonderful that you are enjoying a pain free day. I rejoice with you.  Smile 
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down