migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tried LipiGesicM

2 posters

Go down

Tried LipiGesicM Empty Tried LipiGesicM

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:45 pm

I picked up something called LipiGesicM at the pharmacy, which it says is a natural migraine abortive. I finally tried it on Saturday as I felt a migraine starting. You take one dose sublingually, and then a second dose 5 minutes later. Great news is it worked! No headache.

It seems to be feverfew and ginger (active ingredients) in an oil based suspension - probably 1/2 tsp. the directions say that it's important to take sublingually to get into the bloodstream fast, which taking feverfew orally does not do. Like most Triptans it works best if taken early on.

If anyone is looking for a natural remedy, or something they can take to supplement limited Triptans, you may want to give it a try. I will try it again next time to see if it continues to work.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Tried LipiGesicM Empty Re: Tried LipiGesicM

Post  Seaine Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:08 am

That is interesting, although it is far more expensive than my triptan is so I won't be trying it myself.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:36 pm

It was about $20 for 8 doses.  You must get a really cheap Triptans.  My Frova copay is a lot more than that. 
But I know some people can't get enough Triptans for the month, or don't like the side effects, so an interesting option.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Seaine Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Migrainegirl wrote:It was about $20 for 8 doses.  You must get a really cheap Triptans.

Yes, I do now. Back when Frova was the only thing that worked for me, I paid about $60-$90 per 9 pills, depending on insurance company and where I was located in the US.

Now with my diet change, Imitrex works again miraculously! Obviously it's probably the cheapest triptan. I get 9 pills for $15, and another miracle I discovered I can break them into 4ths and have that work well most of the time. So thankfully I am currently not spending thousands on triptans alone which I'm sure I used to do. Actually I just did my taxes and I spent $5,000 on health care last year. To put this in perspective, I made about $18,000. It's a sad state for us in general but I'm glad to have a break from high prices for now at least. Anyways I hope your recommendation saves someone else money!
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum