migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rx drug restrictions from overseas

Go down

New Rx drug restrictions from overseas  Empty New Rx drug restrictions from overseas

Post  ZomigMan Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:14 pm

I was notified by my migraine Rx prescription provider this week that as of January 15, 2014, that they cannot fill Rx for drugs that are available in the USA any more. Evidently the pharma conglomerates have paid off enough politicians to restrict Rx drugs in the US. I used to be able to get Zomig 2.5mg. brand name for $10 each. No longer. W/o insurance they are more like $70 each here. As of May, 2013 the patent expired on Zomig, and several companies are supposedly making a generic. I have yet to try to fill a generic Zomig Rx yet. Seemingly the crimp on overseas Rx is leading to a run on drugs like triptans in the US. I was shorted on my Rx of Sumatriptan succinate (generic Imitrex) at WalMart yesterday. That has never happened before on Sumatriptan. That used to be common with filling Zomig name brand Rx in the US, as many pharmacies did not have any in stock (due to the sheer expense). Similar to hospitals, when I had a migraine when I was in the hospital a few years ago I had a migraine and they did not have Zomig. So I was given an Imitrex instead (which worked).

First they taint the food so that humans get more migraines, then they put a stranglehold on the drugs that help to live with them. The future looks rather dim...
ZomigMan
ZomigMan

Back to top Go down

New Rx drug restrictions from overseas  Empty Re: New Rx drug restrictions from overseas

Post  ZomigMan Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:06 pm

This may only apply to the UK, or the one company that I used to get Zomig from. The Canada Pharmacies are still up and running, likely covered by NAFTA.
ZomigMan
ZomigMan

Back to top Go down