migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

odd and a little funny

+2
Jewishmother
Kem10
6 posters

Go down

odd and a little funny Empty odd and a little funny

Post  Kem10 Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:02 am

Sometimes you just have to laugh and change your shirt. I was wearing a shirt with narrow black and white stripes and while there is no pain right now, there is a dull lurking migraine going on. The shirt was making me feel lightheaded almost dizzy. Just couldn't stand looking at it so am now wearing a plain blue one. Much better and made me laugh at myself.  Very Happy 
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

odd and a little funny Empty Re: odd and a little funny

Post  Jewishmother Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:31 am

Black and white striped shirts seem to be all the rage right now! I have asked friends to change their clothes and even the man who cuts my hair knows not to wear a striped shirt on the day I have an appointment! Most people are very understanding........though one salesman who was wearing a striped shirt and was trying to help me with a complicated purchase was a little upset when I asked if someone else could help me because I couldn't look at his shirt.
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  Kem10 Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:14 am

Ahhh so it isn't just me. Makes me feel better.  Wink 
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

Post  WitsEnd Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:05 pm

I have a black and white striped top, I'm fine when I'm wearing it but I have to get my OH to iron it because it messes with my head!  pale 
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Me too, and not only that, but anyone wearing any stripes or sharp geometric pattern clothes on TV is even worse. I wish they gave prior warning before showing them, just like they warn you against flashing lights in advance.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:29 pm

i noticed this problem with checks, 25+ years ago, before my mother died.  she liked checked duds, and when i told her how it made me feel, she had a hard time understanding.

so naturally, it makes sense that nobody would "get" this.  if even your own mom can't relate to it, then i guess we can't expect anyone else to, either!  stripes, so far, are fine with me.  isn't it interesting how we are all so different in our sensitivities?!  dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  chocolate Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:13 am

Most people are very understanding. though one salesman who was wearing a striped shirt and was trying to help me with a complicated purchase was a little upset when I asked if someone else could help me because I couldn't look at his shirt.

chocolate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down