migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood pressure meds for prevention

3 posters

Go down

Blood pressure meds for prevention Empty Blood pressure meds for prevention

Post  estre004 Fri May 31, 2013 10:40 am

I should knock on wood first. I was put on a blood pressure med maybe 10 years ago to prevent migraines--never worked.
Anyway, a friend of mine was put on 2 meds for high blood pressure. She had suffered migraine her whole life. She is now almost 50. Anyway, from that day on she never had a migraine again. This was someone having them 3 times a week. I took the names of the meds she was on to my doctor and suggested I try it. She didn't think I needed that much so she just put me on a half dose of one of them. Well it has only been a week and a half but no migraines. I usually get them about 3 times a week. It is too early to tell but I am getting a little excited. This would be a break through for me.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Blood pressure meds for prevention Empty Re: Blood pressure meds for prevention

Post  WitsEnd Fri May 31, 2013 3:03 pm

That's positive news! Long may it continue!!

I have also had some success with these meds. Namely Atenolol and candesartan.

WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Blood pressure meds for prevention Empty BP meds for prevention

Post  rileyoday Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:16 am

I use clonidine .1 three x day and 5 mg calcium channel blocker to go from 20 M a month to currently 2 a month.
Both are BP meds. I can double the clonidine for abortive also. I have used this 4 years. It took 6 years and 20 meds to get here. Keep trying. I had quit several times. Finally some peace.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Blood pressure meds for prevention Empty Re: Blood pressure meds for prevention

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down