migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm tremors at night? Anyone else have this=

2 posters

Go down

Arm tremors at night? Anyone else have this= Empty Arm tremors at night? Anyone else have this=

Post  fxky Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:05 am

I've noticed lots of migraneurs have that odd shaking of the hands on daily bases, me included. Never really cared for it, it's kind of annoying If I have a really precise task or if my hands shake so much I can't write right, but nothing serious.

But I recently realized than my tremors at night might be related to migraines My boyfriend noticed it first, I usually don't notice it unless my arm is shaking like crazy Shocked And it resolves by paying attention to the arm or having it do something.

Also during these tremors my hands(both even the hand on tne arm that isn's shaking) lack strenght, I can close them but it's like closing your hands when you just wake up and your muscles are super relaxed.

I was wondering if anyone else had this or if it was worth commenting my neurologist.... Smile

(By the way, I doubt it's an actual tremor disease, probably related to migraines, I'm 19 years old).

fxky

Back to top Go down

Arm tremors at night? Anyone else have this= Empty Re: Arm tremors at night? Anyone else have this=

Post  tortoisegirl Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:24 pm

I definitely think its something to discuss with your doctor. I wasn't aware that tremors can come with migraine. I can say however that I have an issue similar to this, but I think its medication related. I will jerk enough in my sleep to wake up my husband. During the day its not as bad, but every once in awhile my hand will jerk, plus I seem to drop things really easily.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Arm tremors at night? Anyone else have this= Empty Re: Arm tremors at night? Anyone else have this=

Post  fxky Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:28 pm

tortoisegirl wrote:I definitely think its something to discuss with your doctor. I wasn't aware that tremors can come with migraine. I can say however that I have an issue similar to this, but I think its medication related. I will jerk enough in my sleep to wake up my husband. During the day its not as bad, but every once in awhile my hand will jerk, plus I seem to drop things really easily.

What medication are you taking? I am taking 50mg of amytriptiline and usually stop mgiraines with ergotamine.

I too have that issue I drop things easily, it's really annoying.

fxky

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:09 pm

The medication that I think causes it is methadone, although I'm on plenty of others. Tremors are listed as a side effect of Amitriptyline, but its always a good idea to bring up anything new with your doctor. I can't seem to find the full prescribing info with the study data that says what percentage of people had it though.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down