migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update - On the amitriptylene and off the painkillers

4 posters

Go down

Update - On the amitriptylene and off the painkillers Empty Update - On the amitriptylene and off the painkillers

Post  joannesmith2818 Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:53 am

Well here is my update!!

I have been taking 10mg of amitriptylene and not taking ANY painkillers for 11 days. Last week was horific!! Truly terrible. I had 6 migraines and a very heavy feeling in my head, alongwith a horrible panicy anxious feeling. I only managed to go to work on friday :/ and had abandon my plans to go to a friends hen do Sad. Luckily my supervisor also gets migraines so understood the absence. Well how am i feeling atm?!? Well ok. I havnt had a migraine in 3 days, though i still feel this niggling pain in my right temple and face. I also feel quit spaced out and tired alot of the time. I can honestly say it was one of the worst weeks EVER. But its over now, and just a sickening memory.
I honestly think the worst of my symptoms were from stopping the pain killers. And they may not be over yet :/. Now my migraines have cleared I have tried some exercise which went well and also modifed my diet to give myself the best chance of success.
I am actually impressed at how motivated this new start has made me. I feel good that I survived last week of agony without popping one painkiller. and tbh they werent any more painful then when i did take them. Just shows it was more of a mental thing for me. I havnt reached the stage where i dont think about taking them. I mean as soon as i feel tht niggling pain my mind instasntly jumps to PAINKILLER QUICK B4 IT GETS WORSE. But then I remeber darn i cant....then i relax and try not to think about them.
I will write anouther update in a weeks time!! It says that the drug can take 2 weeks to work properly, so i will wait and see for the final verdict.

Wishing you all migraine free days

jo

joannesmith2818

Back to top Go down

Update - On the amitriptylene and off the painkillers Empty Re: Update - On the amitriptylene and off the painkillers

Post  Platypus Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:19 pm

I assume you were on some kind of opiate? Opiate withdrawal can definitely cause panic/anxiety.
Platypus
Platypus

Back to top Go down

Update - On the amitriptylene and off the painkillers Empty Re: Update - On the amitriptylene and off the painkillers

Post  jpayne1985 Thu May 02, 2013 8:27 pm

What medication were you on?

jpayne1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Seaine Thu May 02, 2013 9:34 pm

That is great that you were able to stick out the withdraw. I have been on Morphine before after surgery and the withdraw was pretty terrible especially for the first day or two.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down