migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eyeglass tints - various kinds - anyone have success?

2 posters

Go down

eyeglass tints - various kinds - anyone have success? Empty eyeglass tints - various kinds - anyone have success?

Post  KnittingBunny Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi all,

I'm curious about tinted lenses in eyeglasses. I know there are proprietary tints by certain companies. I know there are standard tints offered by regular eyeglass companies. Has anyone tried them? Which did you try - and what did you experience when you wore them?

I'm hesitant to try the proprietary ones - because I am not working and waiting on my disability claim presently. Coming up with $18 for a pair from the cheapest online eyeglass place is hard enough - the proprietary ones are out of my league right now.

I'm wondering if the pink or purple tint that Zenni offers on their site would be any good? Namely, I was thinking of their 50% or 80% tints in those colors. (50% indoors - 80% outdoors). But - I'm really loathe to spend even a little if it won't work at all. So could you share your experiences please?

Oh - by the way - I also have blepharitis - which contributes to my photophobia I'm told. Living in the land of snow is utterly miserable for this photophobe!
Thank you!

KnittingBunny

Back to top Go down

eyeglass tints - various kinds - anyone have success? Empty Re: eyeglass tints - various kinds - anyone have success?

Post  Jewishmother Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:01 pm

My glasses are tinted a rose/grey - I experimented with the various tints at the ophthalmologist’s office and felt that a combination of a rose and grey tint would help the best. It does cut down on the stress from the lights/sun etc... - not perfect but I do think it helps!
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

eyeglass tints - various kinds - anyone have success? Empty Re: eyeglass tints - various kinds - anyone have success?

Post  KnittingBunny Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:31 am

Thanks for giving your experience. That's helpful to know. I don't think I can find a pink or rose with grey tones, but maybe pink alone might do *something* for me. I was leaning pink - after reading about those semi-pinky FL-41 proprietary tints. Thank you. (Cute baby/youngster in the picture - great smile!)

KnittingBunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down