migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil of Oregano

4 posters

Go down

Oil of Oregano Empty Oil of Oregano

Post  gailgigi Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Has anyone tried Oil of Oregano for their migraines? Under the tongue. Let me know.
gailgigi
gailgigi

Back to top Go down

Oil of Oregano Empty Re: Oil of Oregano

Post  Jilly Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:12 pm

I have tried Oil of Oregano like you described. It did not work for me. It made my pain way worse and I will never use it for that purpose again. I do not consider my purchase a waste of money. Oil of Oregano is a great anti-viral and it has worked for other purposes. It is an all around great oil to keep in the home.

Jilly

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:34 am

please tell us, jilly, how one uses oil of oregano. i bought some years ago, and it sits in my fridge unused.

it is so strong that i could not possibly get it down my throat. how?? thanks, dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilly Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:26 pm

To get rid of a migraine they say to put a drop under the tongue. It is absorbed very quickly into the body there. If it will work for you or not, you will find out very quickly.

They say for colds and such to put a drop in a glass of water and just drink it. That will help get rid of it. I have not tried it for that. I was just told of that method at an essential oil class I went to on Saturday. Many people do this faithfully and I would not argue with them.

My father used to get awful looking toenails that the doctor said was some sort of fungal infection. I would just take the oil and put a drop or two on them and it seemed to get rid of the infection. This is what we use it at our home for the most. It works way faster than anything the doctor prescribes.

If you happen to get any essential oils on you that you want to wash off please do not use water to get it off. That will just make it worse. What you want to do is use olive oil (I think any oil would work) and use that to sort of wash it off with.

Jilly

Back to top Go down

Post  tdu Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:31 am

I have never had any luck with it helping with anything like migraine pain, but it's a fantastic antiseptic and great to take when you feel a cold coming on, or have a cold. If you have a sore tooth, it works wonders as well.

As far as taking it, I find it's way easier to put drops in your mouth, then ingest water than it is to put it in a glass of water and try to drink it. One thing you never want is for it to touch your lips, because you will feel the burn big time lol. Unless you are trying to use it on a cold core.

tdu

Back to top Go down

Oil of Oregano Empty FREE OREGANO OIL

Post  dcook60 Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:03 am

thank you, jilly, for your info re: oregano oil. since i can't get it past my nose, i tried one suggestion i read, and put ONE DROP on my worst (mis-shapen from fungus) toenail.

then i went to bed and smelled it all night. it's clear that i'm way too sensitive for this stuff. it kept me awake, and i can't afford to miss sleep, all from one drop.....

so here's the deal; the bottle is practically new and with the price of $21.50 on it, for 1/2 ounce. it's a good quality brand, and i won't be using it, so i am offering it to anyone who wants to try it.

if a person would pay the little bit of postage, i would mail it. IT HAS BEEN IN MY FRIDGE FOR 2-3 YEARS, AND IS STILL, QUITE OBVIOUSLY, STRONG!! dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down