migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shortness of breath as migraine comes on?

3 posters

Go down

shortness of breath as migraine comes on? Empty shortness of breath as migraine comes on?

Post  charmed quark Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 am

Anybody else gets this?

Just as the migraine is starting but before any headache or other stuff, I will feel very sleepy and almost fall asleep and then wake up with a start because I am feeling very short of breath. This shortness of breath then continues until the headache starts.

This is one of the things that sent me flying to the doctor when I first started getting migraines many years ago. It stopped happening for a while and just started happening again.

I was thoroughly checked out for heart disease and lung problems back then and got a clean bill of health. The neurologist thought it was just one of those weird migraine prodromes.

Whatever it is, it is very unpleasant. Makes the headache almost a relief.

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

shortness of breath as migraine comes on? Empty Re: shortness of breath as migraine comes on?

Post  Tamara1 Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:18 pm

I have the EXACt same issue!! I thought for sure I was having heart issues and/or lung problems. I was tested thoroughly but I came back healthy. It wasn't until I went to the neurologist I am seeing now who said it was part of my migraine aura/prodome. It's still very unnerving because sometimes the shortness of breath is so bad I feel like I could pass out. Then I often wonder what if I AM having a heart attack and pass it off as migraine? UGH!!

Tamara1

Back to top Go down

shortness of breath as migraine comes on? Empty Re: shortness of breath as migraine comes on?

Post  Mini Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:41 pm

It happens to me at times, but during M, and I always thought that it is a side effect of Imitrex (which I take for my M). I feel tightness in my chest at the same time. I have a feeling that in my case it might be Imtrex, but I might be wrong.
Mini
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down