migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My MRI Scan

2 posters

Go down

My MRI Scan Empty My MRI Scan

Post  Carlylooloo Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:20 pm

My MRI Scan Img-2011

Does anyone elses MRI Scans look similar to mine? I have a Chronic left maxillary and Ethmoid Sinusitus... (Aka an inflamed left sinus).

Carlylooloo

Back to top Go down

My MRI Scan Empty Re: My MRI Scan

Post  dcook60 Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:12 am

carly, my sinus MRI's and C/T scans have looked similar to yours. your sinuses are definitely all clogged up!

there are supposed to be large open spaces in there. you are already doing what's been recommended by your ENT, and i did the same, even having 3 surgeries. none of this helped much.

so before you jump into something drastic like surgery, i'm sure you will give all the other treatments a long trial. surgery is certainly not fun, and may or may not help, so more conservative things are surely in order for you, especially given your young age.

it seems that nobody really understands sinuses all that much, but if you go to a surgeon, they are going to see a surgical problem. perhaps you could get another opinion from an ENT. two brains (or more) are always better. good luck to you, dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlylooloo Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:28 am

Firstly, thanks for the reply(: My family don't believe its a sinus infection causing my migraines... I've had them for almost 5 years now! My parents both agree we're going to get a second opinion from another hospital. Most people who've had the "antal washout" surgery have said it hasn't worked... I don't show any of the symptoms of the sinus disease; no runny nose, no blocked nose, no frequent colds... but I may still have the surgery; I'll try anything to make the pain stop(: Thanks for the advice!xxx

Carlylooloo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down