migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tried Tramadol yesterday

5 posters

Go down

Tried Tramadol yesterday Empty Tried Tramadol yesterday

Post  sherri b Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:01 am

Well, my migraine friends, I used a Tramadol yesterday and felt like I was on top of the world! I got so much stuff done it was unbelievable!
Woke this morning at 3:30 a.m. with a killer, and I mean killer migraine, it felt like someone scalped me, honestly, I had the ice out, the toridal, the imitrex, nothing helped! I used a double of toridal, an imitrex, then 2 hours later another imitrex before I could finally lay down and sleep. Am up now feeling dizzy, slight pain in the head, and so weak!
Gonna lay low for a while.
All this to say: the tramadol really bit me! Guess I won't be trying that anymore! Sad
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Tried Tramadol yesterday Empty Re: Tried Tramadol yesterday

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:09 am

Hi,

Tramadol has really helped me recently. For me, it works better than Tylenol 3. I know that I will often get a migraine after doing too much at one time. Could this be one reason the headache got worse? I always get a bad one after doing too much. If it did help- maybe you could try it and not do a great deal and see if it works?

This is just a thought.

Pain free daysm
sailing
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Not sure Sailing, I only used one 50 mg yesterday. I wish I knew, cuz it really made me feel good till it wore off! Weird huh?
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  marco1968 Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:48 pm

I would have to say tramadol is pretty nice. Good pain relief and mild euphoria. It sounds like its not good for long-term use though. Just occassional.

Interestingly, wiki-p says for withdrawal...
"Anxiety, 'buzzing', 'electrical shock' and other sensations may also be present, similar to those noted in Effexor withdrawal"

I've been trying to get off Effexor for two years now!!! I'm down to one quarter of a half-strength pill and still tapering. So anything that has the same withdrawal as Effexor would scare me. However, I'm sure most people would be fine.

marco1968

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilly Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:33 am

I was given a prescription for Tramadol yesterday. It was not for the relief of migraine pain, but for the relief of post surgery pain. For what it was prescribed for it is pretty good, until it wears off.

What I did want to mention is on my patient education information about the drug it tells me not to take it with any "triptans", which would include imitrex. If I were to take it with this drug I would run the risk of SEROTONIN SYNDROME, which is possibly a fatal syndrome caused by this medicine.

I will not be taking any sumatriptan (imitrex) while I heal from my surgery.

Jilly

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:39 am

Oh my goodness! Glad you told me. I don't think I used Imitrex with it though.

It did give me terrible rebound, I hope that doesn't happen to you after you are finished with it.

It was so good while it lasted for me that one day I tried it. I had so much energy, and was so productive. But I won't be doing that again!

Thanks for the information....
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn65 Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:23 pm

whoa, i have some tramadol in my medicine cabinet from previous status migrainosus (before I was prescribed triptans), and I had no idea that it would be bad to take with triptans! So in the back of my mind I have been thinking, well, I'm not taking any now, but if my migraines get worse, I could take tramadol! not if I take a maxalt!

Thanks for that information!

Lynn

Lynn65

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down