migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi..need help!

2 posters

Go down

Hi..need help! Empty Hi..need help!

Post  melmarie Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi, my name is Melissa and I am so happy I fond this place..I have been suffering for migraines for about30 years, but I since I had kids they have gotten worse. Then over the past couple months they have been out of control. I am getting 2-4 a week, and they are so intense, more so than ever. I have 3 young kids, and no help, so I am having to just deal. I had to drive myself and my kids to theER 2 weeks ago after a 3 day migraine so intense I felt out of control. I finialy got ino a new neuro yesterday. I have mixed feelings. I have tried seveal preventions meds that just don't work with me staying home with my kids, they all make me feel very drugged. I have horrible reations to triptans, make me beyond irritable, horrible tingles. So, I was put on a week of prednisone, starting today. And 750 mg nabumetone, and 50 mg of indomethacin for when I do get them. So, shockingly I get one today. I took the indomethacin and it has dulled it, but I still feel pretty crappy ad just waitng for it to come back on. I just can't take it anymore. I feel like a horrible mother always having these damn imigraines. I have 3 awesome kids, and very loving husband and I just don't even want to live like this anymore. Ugh...any suggestions would be soo appreciated!

melmarie

Back to top Go down

Hi..need help! Empty Re: Hi..need help!

Post  WitsEnd Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi Melissa,

Sorry to hear you are suffering so badly and that you had to seek this place out.

Please do not think you are a bad mum, I am sure you are doing the best that you can. I can only imagine how difficult it must be having migraine and trying to care for 3 children.

What preventatives have you tried in the past?

I have had much success with beta blockers, but I know they don't work for everyone.
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum