Connected to TENSE...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Connected to TENSE...

Post  Mini on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:03 am

I am sitting here, it is very early in the morning and I am connected to the TENSE device
(Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator).

I have woken up in the middle of the night with a very bad h/a, but I did not want to take any OTC painkiller, or Imigran (Imitrex), since I had to take them y-day, and I worry about rebounds.

I desperately needed to get some relief, unable to go back to sleep becasue of pain I remembered my (quite forgotten) TENSE stimulator.

Amazingly, as soon as I got connected to TENSE and set the right programme for Migraine, I felt considerable relief. I've kept it on for the prescribed 30 minutes, but as soon as I disconneted it, the pain returned.
For a while I've tried to "live with it" but my head was still quite bad, so I went back on TENSE, and again the relief was almost immediate. What a blessing!

MY question is how long I can stay on it, and if it is doing me any harm, if I use it for longer then 30 min as prescribed in the brochure that comes with my TENSE device? Any ideas? Thanks.

I know that TENSEs is quite safe, since here in UK it is used in hospitals and by midwives during childbirth, but I wonder if anyone has any more information for using TENSE for Migraines.
Mini

Back to top Go down

Re: Connected to TENSE...

Post  Mini on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:13 am

Forgot to ask, if anyone else here has tried TENSE for M, and what is your experince of it.
Mini

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum