Bleah.. When will this get better??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bleah.. When will this get better??

Post  alli on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:32 am

As much as I try to realize that this will pass, I'm a bit tired of all the pain. Between the headaches and the TN pain, my head is in a constant state of irritation, from the boring pain of the migraine to the stabbing, burning, crawling, stinging pain of TN. Add in Fibro pain and..... you get the picture. I'm going on two weeks with no break in pain.

I want so much to just have ONE day when nothing hurts. I want to be able to eat without having to make sure I am close to the bathroom. I want to be normal!!!

I know it will eventually get better...maybe by late spring, but that is a long time to wait. I hope I get a break sooner than later.
alli

Back to top Go down

Re: Bleah.. When will this get better??

Post  BaadDawg on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:48 am

Well if this is any consolation from your picture you look great. Hopefully this bad spell will pass.

BaadDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  LG on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:05 am

That's the spirit! Smile Whenever I'm down and I get a compliment I feel loads better. Cool, it made me smile to see that.
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:27 am

Okay, cover your eyes, Sweet Gia, cause I'm NOT in a positive mood! Evil or Very Mad

Second day in a row I've had to leave work early. Every week my goal is to make it through the work week with only a half day off. Every week I don't make it.

Today, I woke up with it but had to go in anyway since I had to sign checks and distribute payroll. Staff gets cranky when they don't get paid.

Took a vicoprofen and had it somewhat under control. Then I made the mistake of going into the restroom.

We have an older employee who uses the restroom daily, and the first time I walked in after her I thought the sewer line had broken and called the maintenance man. It is the most foul thing I've ever smelled. I usually try to have the other staff warn me if she's been in there, but today I didn't check with them.

I went in and immediately started vomitting. I want to get out of there because the smell is making me throw-up but I can't leave because I'm throwing up. What a catch-22. pale

I'm tired of hurting, I'm tired of missing work. I'm tired of not being able to take a vacation because I've used up all my vacation days as sick days. Luckily my day off is Monday, so I get nine extra days a year as comp. days for the holidays that land on Monday that I can use whenever I want. I just don't want to always use them because I'm sick!

Okay, Gia, you can look again, I'm going to say something positive. I'm constantly amazed at how supportive my staff and my Board is about the situation. About 8 times out of 10 it's my staff telling me to go home, which makes me feel less guilty. It's also an ego boost to know that my Board thinks I'm valuable enough as an employee to put up with my constant absence.

Alli, I'm sorry I turned this into a post about me...I guess my way of saying I understand. And I agree with BaaadDawg. You are a beautiful woman.

Charlotte
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Sorry about stink woman. I'll tell you a funny story though, maybe brighten the mood?

My mom worked with this woman who was rather overweight but very very kind. She was laid back and mostly watched tv and did a decent job. Well, one day her situation turned bad and her family she was living with had to move and could no longer afford a housing situation to support her. She had no money saved, nowhere to go. My mom is a very kind woman and offered her a place to stay being she had an extra room.

Well..because she didn't like to shower, she obviously became quite stinky. My mom really didn't like this, but didn't know what to do. She started buying all these smelly bath things, made the upstairs bathroom so nice and inviting..everything she could do for this woman to encourage her to take a shower. She never did!! The woman went a whole month without a shower! Phewwwy!! Talk about walking in a room with a stinker!

Finally, my mom got the guts up to sit down and talk to her about it. Still, the woman did not shower! The next step was to rally the women at work and have her supervisor talk to her, as they have gotten complaints about her stink. Poor stinky got very offended and ended up leaving the state shortly after, still unshowered but still very nice. Laughing We still get Christmas cards, they are always very pretty, but smell a little!

And Charlotte, I'm not scared of negativity LOL! I'm sorry you're having a tough day though. Hope everyone feels better soon.
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Gia,

I sent the link for your poofdrops (aren't you thrilled that they're now YOUR poofdrops! Razz ) to my co-workers and we're going to buy some. We just have to figure out a sign up sheet to take turns being the one to rush in afterwards to put them in. I'll have to see if my work pays for hardship duty.

Alli, is your day going any better? I hope you get relief soon and don't have to wait til Spring. No

Charlotte
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm saving your life with those poof drops, I swear LOL!

Sorry we took over your post Alli. Sure hope your feeling better.
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  alli on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Thanks for the compliment... I'm still feeling like I have little leperchauns with spike shoes dancing on my head but I have a good book to read when I get home and split pea soup (already made from last night) for dinner. So no cooking and a lot of rest is in store for me!

I'm so happy we moved our offices because one of the complaints we had with our other building was EVERY single month we would have a coupleof days of sewer smell in the bathrooms. All they had to do was put the blue stuff down the toilets. Could they do it preemtively???? Noooooooooo... they had to wait til we complaina nd the worst was when we'd send a client there and not realize it was a stinky day.

It would make my head go crazy every time. I love our new building and it is only 2.5 miles from home..... How about a 5-10 minute commute? Not bad!

Allo
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Alli, sorry you too are in the midst.
Does it get better for you in the Spring?
I checked my journal and it seems March thru August were better for me the last 2 years.
I have no idea why this is, but I too look forward to it.
Hope today was a little better.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:58 pm

Alli- Sorry your having a rough time right now. I'm right there with ya girl! I get home from work, when I can go, and I get my jammies on and veg out. The pain I endure througout my day exhausts me. I'm glad you can curl up with a good book. I miss reading but can't really read when I have M.

LG-Your poor mom with the stink bomb movin in. Ugghh! Glad she was able to shake her!

Pen...Same for me April/May till August are my best months. It's cool too b/c w my job I only work three days a week for 7 weeks during that time, and I get 5 weeks paid vacation-1 1/2 wks in June and 3 1/2 wks in August. So it's nice to be able to feel good more often than bad during that time.
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  pen on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Jessica, we are on different continents, but have similar better times. October seems to be the start of my really bad time, and December was awfully bad, maybe Christmas stress.
My head just wont let me most of the time...

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  alli on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:52 am

Late spring thru summer, once the weather gets a little more stable is best for me. Somewhere around late May thru Sept are the usual good months. Unless we start having summer storms.... It's the changing barometer that gets me. I really need to live somewhere where the weather is relatively stable... like Hawaii, Tahiti, Aruba... Very Happy
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:11 am

alli wrote:Late spring thru summer, once the weather gets a little more stable is best for me. Somewhere around late May thru Sept are the usual good months. Unless we start having summer storms.... It's the changing barometer that gets me. I really need to live somewhere where the weather is relatively stable... like Hawaii, Tahiti, Aruba... Very Happy

Well dont come to England, we can have four seasons in one day. You can go out in T and shorts and shades, but need to take raincoat boots and umbrella.....crazy here.

I dont know if I am weather effected, but if I am the weather since October wouldnt have helped at all.
Our MAA (support charity) is convinced the weather (barometer) is a big feature. Thing is what do we do abut that....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  alli on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:42 am

I wish there was something we could do about the barometer... but it will be one of my main triggers forever, I think. I've already gone through an early menopause, so if that was going to help it would have by now. Oh well.... just slog through.
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum