migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things that make you happy

2 posters

Go down

Things that make you happy Empty Things that make you happy

Post  Mini Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:51 am

We have so much to deal with, life is a battle, but I have decided that despite the last few weeks when I was getting more and more fed up, battling with my head mostly due to bad weather conditions, here in UK, I have decided to start this New Year in more positive mood by trying to rememebr, that I still have so many things in my life that make me very happy, no matter what.

This is my list:
I think that the first things on the list must be a smile of a much loved small child, which never fails to make me instantly very, very happy

then comes love of my family, which was so wonderfully expressed over Xmas period in so many ways that still feels like a warm blanket that keeps me warm and cosy,

my friends who are understanding and patient with me often cancelling arrangements, and being such a boring person who is ofen not able to function properly, or join in with the fun,

my phtography hobby which makes it possible for many beautiful moments to be recorded and rememebred, when I feel down and fed up, this really makes difference to my quality of life,

reading, and books in general which come to the rescue, when everything else fails,

the incredible beauty of the English countryside, that surrounds me in every direction,

some TV programmes, which can distract me, and take me away from bad thoughts and trasfer me to palces which I could never visit (like the wonderful series recently, called Frozen Earth, and similar), or those funny comedies which make me laugh, no matter what mood I am in (The Big Bang Theory currently being near the top, so well written!),

there are many more things thatd make me happy, things just happen, happy moments when something nice but unexpected happens like strangers's kindness, seeing a rare butterfly, beautiful ballon flying over my house, things like that.

I am determined that I must resist the feelings of hopelessness and misery, and my NYear resolution is simple: just to try to be more positive than I was of late, simply by rememebring all happy things, that bless my life.

It is good to remind ourselves about that from time to time, don't you think?

Last edited by Mini on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Things that make you happy Empty Re: Things that make you happy

Post  Brenda Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:16 pm

What a great idea! It's so easy to get caught up in the pain and spiral out of control emotionally. It is important to remember the good things in life as well.

1. While I've only seen my great nephew in person once when he was an infant, every time I look at pictures of him and his precious smiles it makes me so happy. His picture is the one I use as my avatar here.

2. I am always happy when I get to see my great niece as well. She's 9 years old and such a kind, precious, loving kid. Every time I'm in town visiting, she wants to come see me, and always asks to sit by me at family dinners.

3. My family. My parents, siblings, in-laws, nieces, nephews, cousins are a caring, funny bunch of people that always make me feel happy.

4. Music..... Putting on my southern gospel, or country music always lifts my spirits.

5. My husband's sense of humor. After 11 years of marriage, he still makes me laugh many times every day. He's silly and I love it.

6. This one is going to sound stupid and immature, but we have a shelf of stuffed animals that we've given names, personalities, and voices to. We have fun with them. If anybody outside the house would hear us, they'd probably have us committed.

7. Babies laughing. I don't care who the baby is, but baby giggles always get to me. How can you keep a straight face when a baby is giggling like crazy. One of my favorite videos on YouTube is the baby who laughs every time his Dad tears papers. I'm not sure why it was so funny to the little guy, but it's sofun to watch.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:55 am

Just reading your post, Brenda, made me smile.
About that shelf - why not? We need to look after that inner child in us to, that ability to loose yourself and play? Why not?
I love beeing silly at times, and it happens at times that my little g-children tell me: "you sound silly Nanny" and we all giggle even more. They love it, too.

I still have some books from my childhood, which I love to re-read, and transform myself into this little girl with dreams, who belived in miracles and magic stories. I love that feeling, we must never loose that sense of wonder and inner warmth.

Whatever makes you happy, provided it does not hurt others cannot be bad. So, I wish you many more happy playtimes for you!

And your little g-nephew is delightful, such a cheeky smile.

BTW I know that video with babies, I adore it. Have you seen the one with twin babies chatting for hours in the kitchen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JmA2ClUvUY&feature=relmfu
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Oh my goodness! That video is just adorable. They really look like each knows what the other is saying.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down