abdominal migraines

View previous topic View next topic Go down

abdominal migraines

Post  Brenda on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:35 pm

A friend of ours who is in his mid to late 50's. He had been having stomach pains for two years, and had seen tons of doctors. He finally found one who knew what he was dealing with. He was diagnosed with abdominal migraines. The doctor put him on amitryptaline and he hasn't had a symptom for over two weeks.

Someone else who knows what we are going through. He was so miserable for so long, I'm glad he finally found some relief.
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Abdominal migraines

Post  Ella on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:24 pm

I first started to have abdominal migraines over 20 years ago. They only occurred occasionally and usually soon after a head migraine had ended. My Doctor never was sure what the cause was but once I'd discovered information from doing tons of research I never troubled him for answers again.

Over the years they have only been troublesome from time to time. However, when they do occur they are awful. I have pain all across my stomach region right through to my back. I'm also very bloated and need to clear my bowels to help aid the discomfort, although that won't happen until the pain starts to subside. I also experience extreme tiredness whilst this is going on. I have found strong pain killers help but stomach meds don't. What I have learnt from experience is not too eat too much after a head migraine as this can exacerbate the condition.

I've rarely met anyone else who experiences these although I understand this type is migraine is common in children.

Happy New Year everyone.
Best wishes,
Ella

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top