migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraines and monthly period

5 posters

Go down

Migraines and monthly period Empty Migraines and monthly period

Post  Tamsha101 Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:19 pm

Just a quick question for those of you who get migraines and aura symptoms prior to your period, do you get them as far as a week in advance or just a day or two before? I'm trying to find a pattern with my daily symptoms, when they are at their worse and whether pre-menstrual up to a week prior could be the cause.

Thanks!

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Migraines and monthly period Empty Re: Migraines and monthly period

Post  Kate Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:39 pm

It varies. I'll have the same pattern for awhile then a new m pattern arrives. Lately, within a week I start symptoms then usually the day before or the day of, it really gets bad. Then the m will go on for a week or 2. Lately if I have an aura, it is 4 days after.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Migraines and monthly period Empty RE: menstrual migraine

Post  erindlz Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:56 am

I have also been trying to find a pattern... I know my "migraine week" is related to my cycle but its not completely clear. For 4 months the migraines would begin 3-4 days after I started. This month, however, the migraines began 3 days before I started. I love it when the pattern changes and I get surprised. Im currently lying in bed with a package of frozen pees on my face debating whether to call in AGAIN at work. I'll probably just go in with a swollen eyelid, excruciating pain with constant tearing and just cry all day. Yah that sounds good.

erindlz

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:22 pm

I will usually get a bad one the day before which may or may not last through the entire period. Since I've become very irregular with the perimenopause, I often don't know why I got the migraine until later when my period appears. I never get auras through. My sensitivities are to sound and movement.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Matilda Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:16 am

I get my migraine about 3 days before and it normally lasts until I get my period, and then it goes away.

I suffer from other migraines other than hormonal ones, but I think my hormonal ones are the worst in terms of pain level.

Matilda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down