migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tried Migranal & a note to Linda and ShelliB

3 posters

Go down

Tried Migranal & a note to Linda and ShelliB Empty Tried Migranal & a note to Linda and ShelliB

Post  Almostangela Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:04 pm

First off, I had to squirt 4 times in the air, but the first 3 shots was air only and the last one was medicine so it wasn't so wasteful afterall.

I woke up with a 3 out of 10 migraine so I shot a squirt up each nostril. I could feel it run down the back cavity of my nasal passage and I didn't feel any nausea. The pamphlet said it should work after a half an hour, but it did not. So, as suggested, I shot another one up each nostril.

These four shots emptied the vial and there was no more to keep anyways so the debate of my cheapness vs wisdom of keeping expired medicine was not an issue. I tossed the vial away.

I'm sorry to say, it is 5 hours later and I am on 3 tylenol#3 with codine to hold back this increasng pain. If Migranal did anything, it didn't do much for this person. The migraine is getting worse and I have to wait until tomorrow morning before I can return to Imitrex.

ShelliB, have you had a chance to try it yet?

I am glad I tried it as it does work for others and I can file this as an effort made.

Linda, for me, Topamax worked but didn't for you. Yet, Migranal works for you, but not for me. Our migraine source (for lack of better word) must be different.

No miracle today, but thanks for pointing it out to me.

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Tried Migranal & a note to Linda and ShelliB Empty Re: Tried Migranal & a note to Linda and ShelliB

Post  tecky Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:42 pm

Angela,

I take DHE by injection (I can't do the nasal spray--makes me vomit). I wonder if that might work better for you.

Sometimes, too, I need a combination of meds to stop the pain--DHE (a vaso-constricter) as well as an anti-inflammatory (Toradol) or muscle relaxer (Norgesic). Sometimes the migraine is caused by a combination of factors requiring more than one type of med to get it under control.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Tried Migranal & a note to Linda and ShelliB Empty Re: Tried Migranal & a note to Linda and ShelliB

Post  Almostangela Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Thanks, Becky

Topamax and Imitrex works for me but a few people had such great success with Migranal that I had to give it a try. I'm back to the old regime and all the wiser that DHE does not work for me. I had such a bad day yesterday because all I could do was take painkillers and that junk ate away at my stomach and made me sick. I'm no going to try anything new for a while. No

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:06 pm

I wouldn't either, Angela, if the Imitrex is working. I hope it continues to work for you. It's much easier.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  ShelliB Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 pm

I tried it for the first time last night. It didn't work as well as I thought it would. I did the first two sprays, waited 15 minutes and did the second two sprays. There was a little left...
It really burned the back of my nose/throat and even my ears. I didn't have a bad migraine..it was only a 4 and it still took over an hour to feel any effect. It never did take the pain completely away.

Basically this med is not what I had hoped for. I had thought it would be a rescue med for when my triptans did not help. I was very disappointed when my pharmacist told me I can not even use Migranal within 24 hours of taking a triptan. This kinda defeats the purpose for me.

Sorry to hear you did not have a good experience either...
ShelliB
ShelliB

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:17 pm

sorry to hear that ShelliB
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down