migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kindles, iPads, iPhones, Computers & Headaches

4 posters

Go down

Kindles, iPads, iPhones, Computers & Headaches Empty Kindles, iPads, iPhones, Computers & Headaches

Post  mxgo Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 pm

Here is an interesting article for migraineurs:

http://www.kansas.com/2010/11/02/1568647/more-suffer-from-computer-vision.html

I am on the computer or reading on my kindle a lot. I wonder if the amount of time I spend on both devices is contributing to my headaches?

My sister was telling me about a friend of hers, who reads a lot on her kindle who started suffering headaches. Her doctor told her that some his patients, who read a lot on ebooks, iPads, iPhones, and etc were also complaining of headaches.

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Kindles, iPads, iPhones, Computers & Headaches Empty Re: Kindles, iPads, iPhones, Computers & Headaches

Post  Brenda Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Our Kindle doesn't bother me at all....but then again, we have the older style that doesn't have the backlight. It's no harder on my eyes nor my head than a regular book. I can understand computers, phones, and ipods causing issues with the brightness.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Kindles, iPads, iPhones, Computers & Headaches Empty Re: Kindles, iPads, iPhones, Computers & Headaches

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:51 pm

I think this article is missing some key points.

One really nice thing about the iPad, iPhone and Kindle is that you can easily increase the font size. I regularly read on my iPad, and I can zoom the size of articles, this forum or books with one swipe of my finger. It's great for over 40 eyeballs for that reason.

Secondly, people move any device closer to their eyes to see better with out even thinking about it. Whether it's a book or an iPhone, we move the device as close as it needs to be to see. What matters is the size of the font. You can make it bigger by making the font larger or by moving it closer to your eye.

The idea that you need a different pair of glasses for reading a mobile device than for reading anything else is just silly.

For reading fixed screen displays, however, you may need a different focal length. Such displays are typically 20" away, and it's harder to blow up the font size on many different applications. The higher resolution screens are actually harder on us older people as it makes the font size smaller.

I tried the graduated lenses for computer work (I'm on all day long) and had to return them. It makes the edges of the screen move around as you move your head to see the whole screen. It drove me crazy. I just use regular reading glasses for computer work and do much better.

What I did read an article on recently was that LCD and LED screens have a lot more blue light than the old analog displays. And it found that the blue light was more fatiguing. Something to think about.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Kindles, iPads, iPhones, Computers & Headaches Empty It is the radio frequencies from the electronics

Post  Lacofwater Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:52 pm

A few months ago I started having a lot of chest pain. I though of a heart attack and watched for signs. ( I don't do the Doctor Lie) I usually keep my cell phone in my shirt pocket, until I bent over and lost it in the grass and did not know it. For a week I felt better until I found my phone. Then I went through a phase of t shirts with out pockets and my butt started to hurt as I kept my phone in my back pocket. then I realized it was that phone> I had cargo pants on with a deep pocket by the knee. Then my knee started to hurt.

I have tested the phsyc. part, you know am I just thinking this. But no it is real. Cell phones are real bad for you. Your body is electrical and these devises emit frequency that disrupt the human cell electricity. My mother in law is on her phone all day long and she has head aches all of the time ( Lack of brains, maybe).

Put those devices down when ever possible.

Last edited by Lacofwater on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Lacofwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down