migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bi-digital O Ring Diagnostic Technique

Go down

Bi-digital O Ring Diagnostic Technique Empty Bi-digital O Ring Diagnostic Technique

Post  mxgo Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Here is an interesting video (very long) of a diagnostic technique developed in Japan: http://vimeo.com/9454676

Toward the end of the video, there is a test in which a doctor determines which medication will work and which will not. Would it not be great, if US doctors could determine, using this technique, which medication will work on our headaches.

If the technique is for real, it would be worth the money to travel to Japan to see which medication will work on our heads.

Note, the developer of the technique works in the US, NY I think.

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Bi-digital O Ring Diagnostic Technique Empty Re: Bi-digital O Ring Diagnostic Technique

Post  mxgo Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:50 pm

In my previous posting, I stated:
Toward the end of the video, there is a test in which a doctor determines which medication will work and which will not. Would it not be great, if US doctors could determine, using this technique, which medication will work on our headaches.

I talked to my acupuncturist, who is from Japan, and she said that in her experience, on her and on her patients, the technique does not work that well in prescribing meds or herbs.

Now for my rant, I had a bad Sat and in telling her my symptoms for that day 1) headache, 2) increased noise sensitivity, 3) tight left SCM and shoulder, 3) some dizziness/balance problems, 4) slight nausea, 5) left eye tearing, 6) sinus congestion, 6) upper jaw pain, and 7) fatigue and overall muscle tightness, and asking if all the above symptoms could be due to a trapped nerve in my upper cervical vertebrae (Barre Leiou Syndrome symptoms), she became some what upset with the following:

I asked if she was treating the separate symptoms and not the cause of the headaches. When she mentioned that acupuncture treats via meridians. I replied that I can only relate to western medical symptoms and mentioned that the MD (Japanese), the bi digital O ring developer, who is an MD and acupuncturist tries to relate symptoms in both western and oriental medicine terms.

I guess I did hurt her ego, by asking too many questioning and telling her what has worked with previous acupuncturists. When I first went to her, I did warn her that I would question my treatment and progress.

However, it may be that I overwhelm some MDs, chiros, and acupuncturist with too much headache symptom information. But, in my defense, I do want to provide them with enough information, so that they may prescribe meds or treatments that will best work for me. I do know, from this forum and internet research that all of the above symptoms could be due to one or two sources.

I think it's time for me to look elsewhere. Oh yes, the baclofen does help with the headaches and the other symptoms.

Anyway, thanks for reading my rant, I needed to get it off my chest. From reading other member's postings, we and the people treating us do get frustrated with each other.

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down