migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morning h/ache and dehydration connection

5 posters

Go down

Morning h/ache and dehydration connection Empty Morning h/ache and dehydration connection

Post  Mini Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:09 am

I know that many of us get those lingering morning headaches.
I have noticed that the lingering mild h/ache I often get first thing in the morning, often goes away shortly after I have some hot drink.

I did not pay much attention to this fact, but I began to wonder recently because my eyes also get very, very dry first thing in the morning. Could there be a connection? I mean dehydration is causing both, my h/ache and dry eyes?

I know that dehydtration is a known migraine trigger, I now think that many of those morning h/aches might be caused by the fact that we get very dehydrated during the night, specially in winter with the heating on and dry air indoors.

I will try to bear this in mind in the future, and to see if this makes any difference I will try to drink much more water during the day, as well as making sure that there are some humidifiers in my bedroom at night.

I wonder if anyone one else noticed that connection.
Perhaps some of our morning h/aches are caused by dehydration during the night and we are not aware of that fact.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Morning h/ache and dehydration connection Empty Re: Morning h/ache and dehydration connection

Post  joshp Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:43 am

Definitely. I have recently made a habit of drinking at least half a litre of water in the morning after breakfast. It makes me feel bloated for a little while, but it helps if I have a mild background headache.
joshp
joshp

Back to top Go down

Morning h/ache and dehydration connection Empty dehydration

Post  dawn.binks Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 pm

yes definitely, dehydration one of fastest causes. have also noticed if i topup on fluid at start of headache it will always help
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Morning h/ache and dehydration connection Empty Re: Morning h/ache and dehydration connection

Post  Mini Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:30 pm

It is so easy to forget to drink, especially when we have already started a headache. Thank you for the reminder.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:44 pm

I keep a glass of water on my nightstand at night and usually have drunk most of it by morning.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:44 pm

I also keep a bottle of water/with ice cubes in it by my bed at night. I have hot flashes and severe thurst is the beginning of a hot flash. I do not drink a lot but a few sips helps quite a bit. I have chronic daily headaches but there are weeks that go by where I wake up with a headache and cannot wait to get out of the shower to take my meds.
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down