migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sumatriptan succinate on backorder?

4 posters

Go down

Sumatriptan succinate on backorder? Empty Sumatriptan succinate on backorder?

Post  AppleJax Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I haven't visited the forum in quite awhile but am having a minor freakout because I have been told that my sumatriptan succinate (4mg) is on backorder. I ordered a refill almost 2 weeks ago and my pharmacy was only able to supply me with a two-injection cartridge, one of which I had to use this afternoon. I am really worried that I'll have to use the other injection then will run out and won't have any medication left to use. I was thinking of asking my neuro to write me a prescrip for the nasal spray version of Imitrex that I used to take, but since the injections were already submitted to my insurance and paid for, I don't think they wouldn't fill another prescrip for the same type of medication.

Has anyone heard anything about this backorder and when they may start being sent to pharmacies? What should I do?? I average about 4 migraines per month so I can't go too long without some sort of abortive medication.

Thanks all,

Jaci

AppleJax

Back to top Go down

Sumatriptan succinate on backorder? Empty Re: Sumatriptan succinate on backorder?

Post  sherri b Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:18 pm

Jaci,

I hope that's not the case! I will be calling mine in on the 3rd. I get 6 of those a month. But I also use Imitrex generic tablets and Treximet, and I have Toridal for the real bad ones. So at least I have a back up.

I don't know where you live, but my neuro wrote to my insurance company, and that allows me more per month.

You could get Imitrex and something else, if your neuro will prescribe it.

There is also a chance of samples from you dr... just call and ask.

Hope they aren't on back order for long!

Best wishes!
Sherri B!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Sumatriptan succinate on backorder? Empty Re: Sumatriptan succinate on backorder?

Post  AppleJax Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi Sherri,

I haven't gotten any more info yet on how long they'll be backordered, but my pharmacy was really helpful tonight and found 3 more cartridges at another location nearby. I get 8 injections per refill so hopefully I can make these other 7 last for as long as possible just in case I can't get a refill for awhile. I hope you're able to get yours!!

Jaci

AppleJax

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:02 am

I'll let you know, I call mine in on the 3rd of each month..
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  PJ Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:20 pm

I have been told by my online pharmacy that imitrex is on back order and as of January they will not renew , pay for, or send my prescription! This is the only med that has worked for me over the years! I'm TOTALLY angry with my insurance & drug company! We pay exorbitant amounts for insurance and they can't supply those in need!

PJ

Back to top Go down

Post  ZomigMan Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:07 pm

I have been having a hard time filling my 50mg sumatriptan succinate Rx lately at Wal-Mart here. They get the most of it and have the best price on it. But of late I have to wait a week or two before they get more in to fill my Rx. It is similar to filling my Zomig Rx in the SF Bay Area when I lived there years ago. Many pharmacies simply ran out of it and could not fill orders. I had to call around to a lot to find any to fill my Rx. Then I flipped to getting Zomig overseas from the UK, and they always had it and for a good price. However, they stopped shipping to the US as of January this year. So I changed to generic Imitrex/sumatriptan, but I am going to get my Rx changed to generic Zomig/Zolmitriptan now that it is available.

Triptans are still ridiculously expensive, even for generics. W/o my insurance they would be hundreds of dollars per Rx. Wall Street is making a fortune off of us for sure.
ZomigMan
ZomigMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum