migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Dianne

3 posters

Go down

For Dianne Empty For Dianne

Post  Anna's Mom Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:46 pm

I saw a reference to this today in a women's magazine...for what it's worth...to help sleep apnea!

http://www.sleep-apnea-guide.com/oropharyngeal-exercises.html

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

For Dianne Empty Re: For Dianne

Post  dcook60 Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:09 pm

thank you, cheryl. very interesting, for sure. not only for moi, of course, as i'm sure there must be others here who have been diagnosed with apnea, or who snore loudly. i've been told by people in other rooms (i sleep alone) that it's pretty darned loud.

however, about 3 weeks ago when i consulted my 5th sleep doctor (i had been to him years ago, and wanted to discuss some things) he told me NOT TO WORRY about the apnea, 'cuz it's mild. what?? 4 other sleep docs told me it was moderate or severe. who to believe?

this guy is quite nice, but also quite sure that HIS method of sleep regimentation will cure my pattern of constant waking. it doesn't; i've tried that before, going to bed and getting up at the prescribed same time every night/morning.

one night i kept track, and i got up to go to the bathroom ten times. horrible. most nights are better than that. but my brain awakenings and sleep fragmentation are in the hundreds of times. he blames all this on the fibromyalgia, that dreaded garbage-can diagnosis. well, he may be right. fibro is a mysterious disorder.

lately i'm doing better because i'm taking more drugs. ha! yes, i've gone to ativan/aka lorazepam every other night. so far, so good; am not becoming tolerant, which is the big fear with the benzodiazipines.

interestingly, i've tried several other benzos, and they do absolutely nothing. they don't put me to sleep, and they make me feel terrible, whereas ativan gives me some much-needed shuteye. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:34 pm

An interesting list of mouth exercises. I wonder how that works for apnea

When I hurt my neck (bulging disk) and started having all these headaches problems my husband told me I started snoring quite noticeably. It never was a problem before that. He wears earplugs to bed now.

I have always wondered what the connection with my headaches was, if any.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:33 am

I think if you did the entire list, you might be so tired as to immediately fall asleep Smile

It was interesting to read!

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down