migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for those who can tolerate chocolate - discovered new taste treat

+2
pen
crt
6 posters

Go down

for those who can tolerate chocolate - discovered new taste treat Empty for those who can tolerate chocolate - discovered new taste treat

Post  crt Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:54 pm

As some of you may know, I have been fairly successful with using tabasco sauce (cayenne pepper sauce) as a migraine preventative. Also, I am one of the fortunate ones for who, chocolate is not a trigger.

What does one have to do with the other, you say? Well, the chocolate company Lindt, is now producing a dark chocolate bar with chile. Now that may sound horrible to some of you. But if you like hot and sweet, and can tolerate chocolate, it is quite a treat.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

for those who can tolerate chocolate - discovered new taste treat Empty Re: for those who can tolerate chocolate - discovered new taste treat

Post  pen Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:13 pm

To each his/her own Chris....sounds disgusting.... affraid lol!

pen

Back to top Go down

for those who can tolerate chocolate - discovered new taste treat Empty Re: for those who can tolerate chocolate - discovered new taste treat

Post  ajr Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:04 pm

That is my all time favorite Lindt chocolate bar!!!! I love the heat of the chile pepper with the chocolate. If you like that, you might try this...when I make brownies I add either tabasco sauce or red pepper to the batter. It makes the brownies great!
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:18 pm

I should point out, I cant stand anything "hot". santa

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Ajr, I'll try your brownie tip. Sounds wonderful!

Pen, I understand. My partner tried the chile chocolate. He took a very tiny bite and handed me the rest. He thinks it's awful.

It seems like with the hot stuff, folks are really into it, like me, or they go running, screaming from the room.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Yuck. Taco Bell "mild" is too spicy for me!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:22 am

Double yuck! I like spicy, but more when it is natural in the food, not so much when it is just added to make something spicy. But even more yucky is the thought of chocolate! Yes, I am one of those not-so-tiny minorities who actually HATE chocolate! I do like white chocolate, but the brown stuff is revolting! I can handle Snickers because they have very little real chocolate, but beyond that, no thank you! I can't even stand to be in the house if my mom is cooking brownies or chocolate cake or something. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! (And I'm not trying to be the Three Stooges!)
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:00 am

I dont usually like things too spicy or it will trigger migraine. But for some reason, I enjoy the chocolate chili combo. I have tried it in a more natural brand from the Health Food store.
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:42 pm

I figured those of us who would like this are in a minority. That's OK with me. More chile chocolate for me! I even like Tabasco sauce in orange juice, especially when I have a cold or flu. As I've said before, Tabasco is my friend. It does a decent job of preventing my migraines. I know, I know, it's effective for only a very few of us.

I know it sounds cuckoo, but hey if it works, it works. I'd wear garlic around my neck if it would keep the migraines at bay. Oh wait, that's for Werewolves.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:33 pm

Hmmm, garlic and chocolate....get that patented CRT!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down