migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do I do too much?

+4
Migrainegirl
Paradox
dcook60
scobby2940
8 posters

Go down

do I do too much? Empty do I do too much?

Post  scobby2940 Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:14 pm

my family and some of my friends say I'm too busy and that leads to me having migraines. I don't see it. what do you all do with your time? I guess I am suppose to go to work, on the days I work, and then come home and put my feet up. My mom said to look at my calendar and how many "free" nights do I have in 1 week? Well 2 weeks out of the month I have 4 weeknights and other 2 I have 3 weeknights that I don't have a meeting or somewhere to go. I don't count the weekends. I leave those open altho we-my hubby and I usually have something going almost every weekend, but it's not the entire weekend.
I am a Stephen Minister, so I see a person for an hour every week. I am an active listener for this person. Being a Stephen Minister means we meet 1 and 3 Thursdays from 6:30-9 PM. I work 24hrs a week-part time church secretary. I like to scrapbook, photography, piano playing and reading. I love to play games on the computer and love to cook.
Talk about meditation...I don't think I could sit for more than a few minutes and try to "clear" my mind...my mind is always going...could this be a problem?
how do you handle your work/play schedules?

scobby2940

Back to top Go down

do I do too much? Empty Re: do I do too much?

Post  dcook60 Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:45 pm

isn't it great how family and friends always have THE ANSWER to fix us??

some of us are type-A people. all kinds of people get migraines; it doesn't matter one whit how active or busy one is.

personally, i could never meditate, either. i'm a fidgety, hyperactive sort. two of my grown sons are also hyper; neither gets migraines. i'm the only lucky one in my family of 5 kids.....how awesome that i didn't pass this on, i think. but i did pass on the ADHD.

dianne, age 70 and just recently was diagnosed with adult ADHD. well, that explains a lot of stuff about me, but NOT the head pain.
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Scooby,

Can you break up your posts more so there are more spaces? It's hard for our migraine eyes to read when it's all bunched up.

Take a look at others posts and you'll see what I mean. Thanks!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Scooby

I think it is great that you can keep up an active schedule in spite of the migraines. Good for you.

I used to be able to go all the time like that, but the daily headaches really made me slow down. But since I managed an active schedule for the 30 years preceding, I'm pretty sure that did not cause the headaches.

The reality is our headaches are caused by some sort of genetic predisposition, hormones or other injury setting up a run away brain, and trigger events that start the ball rolling.

I'd just keep doing what you can and enjoy the pain free days you get.

Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  adventuregirl Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:24 pm

I, too, love to be doing stuff...mostly outdoors stuff/exercise. I do like to lay around and veg out on occasion too...but honestly, it doesn't matter what I am doing, I still get the migraines.

I actually quit everything but light exercise for a month and I got just as many as I did when I was busy busy busy!

True, stress is supposed to play a huge factor into migraines, but honestly, I am more stressed out when I can't be doing what I love to do than I am when I am out doing those things!
adventuregirl
adventuregirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:41 pm

While some people may get headaches from stress, I really don't think it is the major causal factor that many people believe it is. I have been headache free during some significantly stressful periods in my life recently, and will get migraines when nothing particularly stressful is going on. In fact life would be pretty great on the whole if it weren't for the blasted headaches!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  amy Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:53 am

If you are enjoying your life and not feeling stressed, then keep on!
amy
amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:03 am

Migraines happen when you do nothing. I tried both.

I keep real busy and when people say to me to go home, I reply that I'm in pain on the couch, so I might as well be busy and be in pain. At least the time goes by faster.

You can be busy and be relaxed. Deep breaths, regular meals, adequate sleep and lots of water. If you are stressing, that is a different matter and it compounds things and you need to find ways to unstress.

Busy is not a bad thing.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  zunixaani Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:32 pm

I've not experienced it with a magnifying mirror but I have a few times had a migraine come on when I've been cleaning my mirrored wardrobes. It's a puzzler for sure. I don't even clean my mirrors with chemicals, only dampened cloth.

It's always puzzled me so I let my other half do it now!

Aren't we a strange bunch Wink lol

zunixaani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum