migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can I do for my migraines while I'm pregnant?!

3 posters

Go down

What can I do for my migraines while I'm pregnant?! Empty What can I do for my migraines while I'm pregnant?!

Post  erika Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:05 am

Hi - I've been suffering for migraines for over 20 years and I get a few a month but I manage to mostly treat them with a combination of Zomig and Advil. However, I am looking to get pregnant within the next 6 months or so and am TERRIFIED that I will get a migraine just before or during pregnancy and breastfeeding! I don't want to have to take any meds. I know you can take tylenol while pregnant but that won't take away my migraine. Does anyone have any advice or do I just have to suffer through my migraines while pregnant....

erika

Back to top Go down

What can I do for my migraines while I'm pregnant?! Empty pregnancy

Post  dawn.binks Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:41 am

erika, most women do not get migraines during pregnancy, it is rare to so so hope for the best, i was migraine free throught mine and it was worth being pregnant for! most drugs are not allowed during the pregnancy. if youre unlucky enough to get them when youre pregnant paracetamol is allowed but maybe there someone on here who did get them while pregnant and can advice you. after the birth again the same applies to breastfeeding that you cant have the drugs but sadly the migs can return then! support structure in place is necessary to help with the little one so you can get your rest.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

What can I do for my migraines while I'm pregnant?! Empty Re: What can I do for my migraines while I'm pregnant?!

Post  sailingmuffin Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:48 am

Hi,

Ok, I am no authority on the pregnancy thing- I have never been pregnant. (i do want children someday though.} I would talk to your dr and see if there is something you could take as a last resort while pregnant- I have heard of women using tylenol 3. As i said, I am no authority, I have thought some about it though.

I just hope that your pregnancy is completely migraine free and that you have a very healthy, happy baby.

Pain free days
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

What can I do for my migraines while I'm pregnant?! Empty Re: What can I do for my migraines while I'm pregnant?!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down