migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light treatment for pain

4 posters

Go down

Light treatment for pain Empty Light treatment for pain

Post  Migrainegirl Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Not sure if anyone has seen this device for treatment of pain advertised.

http://www.lightrelief.com/?src=affiliate&aid=14626&subid=Main&gclid=CIKg_pzL05ICFQY_agodpX3RGQ

It is basically a pad with an array of LEDs on it. A good friend of mine ordered one and said it really helped with pain from kidney stones and with her father's arthritis pain. This friend is quite intelligent and not known to go in for quackery, so I'm inclined to believe her.

She was quite excited to try it out on me. However the minute she turned it on I got rather concerned and could not look at it all. It has a serious strobe effect going on with those lights. I felt a headache starting almost immediately and had her turn it off. Maybe I'm paranoid. But for any of you out there who have light triggers, you will definitely want to stay away from this.

See also below review

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb/23/health/he-skeptic23
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Light treatment for pain Empty light therapy

Post  diane21 Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:11 am

My interest in light therapy increased a great deal when a halogen treatment returned my black-and-blue broken small toe to almost a normal color in 5 minutes. Pain level went from 8 to 2.
Soluna Green

diane21

Back to top Go down

Light treatment for pain Empty Re: Light treatment for pain

Post  CJ_AlwaysATexan Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:36 pm

I'm not sure you're supposed to look at it.
Strobe lights lower the seizure threshold (also migraine threshold).

CJ_AlwaysATexan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:01 pm

With strobe type of lighting it is enough to see the contrasting light flickering in the background to be affected by it, and trigger a serious migraine.

To get a migraine reaction you need only very slight ammount of any stimulus/trigger be it chemical, visual, food or noise and the chemical reaction causing migraine in your brain will be set of.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down