migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parasite show- Monsters inside me...

4 posters

Go down

Parasite show- Monsters inside me... Empty Parasite show- Monsters inside me...

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:45 pm

I just discovered this show- and am morbidly fascinated. It scares me and fascinates me at the same time!

Yesterday I just seen about double "agents" - a parasites that acts both as bad and a good thing.

Everybody (probably?) know leeches, that they can be parasites but also beneficial when used for medicinal purposes and probably also that maggots, too (a fly larva) as they are used to clean rotting flesh (wounds etc)

But did you know that a hookworms (intestinal parasites) allegedly can cure allergies?

One man infected himself with them (in Cameroon!) and claims to be free from severe allergies.
The only catch is, he has to remain infected. If I understood correctly, he is under medical care to keep the infestation under control.

Now he is selling his own hookworms to anybody desperate enough to get rid of allergies.
As the individual have to be infected through soles of feet by an adult worm, most commonly with dirt.

This is really gross show, but on the other hand thanks to it I will never ever under cook fish as long as I live.
And if I'll ever travel to Asia or Africa, Australia I'll make sure I won't go bare foot, wear long sleeves
and I'll never ever stick my nose into the water there (leeches) and certainly cook well the food and water.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/monsters-inside-me/

Risa

CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Parasite show- Monsters inside me... Empty Re: Parasite show- Monsters inside me...

Post  Petzi Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi pussy cat,

I have seen various programs on this. Yup, it is disgusting, but also strangely mesmerizing.

The theory that worms can cure allergies does make sense in some way. Humans and their intestinal parasites have been living in symbiosis since the dawn of time. All of a sudden (at least in evolutionary terms) our immune system is deprived of fighting worms and looks for an outlet elsewhere ... i.e. allergies.

Still, I am so disgusted by worms and intestinal worms in particular that I would rather put up with the allergies. Bleuchhh....!!!!!

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Parasite show- Monsters inside me... Empty Re: Parasite show- Monsters inside me...

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:33 pm

Still, I am so disgusted by worms and intestinal worms in particular that I would rather put up with the allergies. Bleuchhh....!!!!!

I'd think so, too, but looks like for some people allergies get so bad that if you get to the point you get severe asthma and inhaler barely help you breath, you have to take strong medications whose side effect include loss of bone density, significant weight gain, exhaustion,
plus during allergy season pollen make you unable to step outside of home you may become so desperate
you'd chose worms, apparently.

(sorry for the brevity, got a bit of M)

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:57 pm

No worries kitty.

My allergies are not too bad and easily controlled with meds. If I had really severe life threatening allergies I might possibly consider "worm" therapy too. Desperation drives people to consider all sorts of things.

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:19 am

Maybe we all have earwigs and that's causing our Ms? Sorry, reference to an old Twilight Zone episode that always creeped me out.

Earwigs: They Really Can't Chew Through Your Brain, You Know ...
Sep 26, 2008... Rod Serling's early 1970s follow-up to The Twilight Zone, ... Earwigs prefer the outdoors because they are vegetarians and they love to ...
www.associatedcontent.com/.../earwigs_they_really_cant_chew_through.html - Cached - Similar
What a Face
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:43 pm

lol Hulda Clark insists all Migraineurs have Strongyloides and these are the cause of our M.

If only all of us splurged on this miracle machine:

Hulda Clark's ZAPPER

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

we would be cured instantly and forever!

BTW, while zapping ourselves from these pesky Strongyloides we may sip this stupid crap
the dumbkopf from the other forum is trying to sell us, too!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Not sure I want to know where those 2 electrodes go! Shocked
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A good one, HeelerLady [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:37 am

I want cool emoticons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky, I don't want to go there.........
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down