migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On vacation and forgot my medication...blerg...

+7
CluelessKitty
crt
dawn.binks
Paradox
Petzi
mxgo
jwar
11 posters

Go down

On vacation and forgot my medication...blerg... Empty On vacation and forgot my medication...blerg...

Post  jwar Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:39 am

I turned 30 yesterday and we decided to go to the beach for a much needed long weekend. This morning I go to take my Lamictal and guess what? No Lamictal! I am positive it is sitting at home on the kitchen counter. The closest pharmacies are an hour and a half away and we have called 4 so far - none have name brand. We might have to drive up to 2.5 hours to get it. And we leave tomorrow - this is our only full day of vacation.

Bleh, I am mad at myself and feeling very sad. Sad
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

On vacation and forgot my medication...blerg... Empty Re: On vacation and forgot my medication...blerg...

Post  mxgo Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:02 am

jwr, the half life of Lamictal is about 24 to 30 hours, wouldn't that work for you and keep you in your comfort zone? And if I remember from your previous posts, you take the extended release version of the the med., which would extend the time frame.

My best wishes on your birthday. Hopefully, this coming year, your migraines will be gone or greatly reduced.

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

On vacation and forgot my medication...blerg... Empty Re: On vacation and forgot my medication...blerg...

Post  Petzi Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:48 am

Oh dear, I know how that feels. I have once been in remote Umbria when I realized that I had forgotten my Imigran. Hubby drove around for hours to get me my meds.

Love

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:38 pm

I HATE when I do that. As a result I have little stashes (but all in correct pill bottles...hate to be pulled over and arrested for prescription meds!)

And then the underlying anxiety of "oh no, is this going to ruin my day?" almost guarantees that it will.

Dang it.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

On vacation and forgot my medication...blerg... Empty drugs

Post  dawn.binks Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:30 pm

not sure if you have anything like this in the states but if here in the uk but if for any reason youre without prescription meds the police will open up chemists and get drugs for you.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:04 pm

dawn.binks wrote:not sure if you have anything like this in the states but if here in the uk but if for any reason youre without prescription meds the police will open up chemists and get drugs for you.

Really? Wow, that's fantastic. I only wish...

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Rats on the pokes, don't we all hate when this happens!
How about going to nearest emergency room and beg for a few pills to carry you over??

other than that have a great vacation!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:22 pm

I think we've all done that at least once.

We left to spent a SAT/SUN at my in-laws cabin and forget to pack my meds (how in the world does that happen). So I spent the evening inside watching a fuzzy TV as the camp fire smoke was killing me.
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:05 am

Dawn,
I didn't know that. Next time I am running out of meds I will call the cops. cheers
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm probably too late with this idea but maybe it will help someone else? Make sure to have a friend or family member have a key to your place. Then have that person gather your meds and overnight them to you at your vacation location.

I hope you were able to enjoy your vacation anyway.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:35 pm

I'm so sorry.

I check and double check whenver I go out of town, which is every weekend during the summer months. If I have my meds and contact lense case, I am good to go.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:01 am

I am so sorry this happened to you.

Whenever I travel everyone in my family knows the rule: "Do you have your meds? As long as you have your meds and credit cards we can fix anything else!"

I just got back from Vegas Friday and realized I had not taken my insurance cards. But I had my meds and my credit cards!

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down