migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'?

+9
living
megdrex
tweedie62
Cathy
sailingmuffin
mxgo
pen
ajr
joshp
13 posters

Go down

Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'? Empty Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'?

Post  joshp Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:00 am

The website obviously sounds too good to be true, but has anyone here tried it?

http://www.tuliv.com/default.aspx
joshp
joshp

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'? Empty Re: Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'?

Post  ajr Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:47 am

I believe I tried this for my son a few years ago. He is 17 years old now, and he was around 14 when we tried it. Unfortunately, he did not have any results from it, but it is also difficult to get him to consistently take something for longer than a couple of weeks when he doesn't see a change in the headaches. He has daily headaches. It might be worth a try, but I remember it wasn't cheap - always a problem. I actually think the lady who runs it (Eileen) even wrote an email to me when I had asked if it helped children. I think the company itself is legitimate. I kind of think they've taken a lot of vitamins/herbs and grouped them in one pill - we've tried most of the ingredients alone as well. I wish I could find something that would help too- we've tried so many things and never had any good results unfortunately. Best of luck to you.
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'? Empty Re: Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'?

Post  pen Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:02 am

The web site has some good info for the less informed. But no idea about the product.
Imagine the info is loaded.

P

Last edited by pen on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  mxgo Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:22 am

Here is an evaluation of the company:
http://headacheandmigrainenews.com/christian-body-migraine-defense-now-tuliv-migraine-defense/

I read the Migraine Defense web site and their sole claim to "research" is that it worked on one person. Am I reading it right? They could not find at least five to ten people in their area to try their product?

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:35 am

Hi All,

I read the site and the list of ingredients. I have heard of one or tow of the them- folic acid, black cohash, and Vitamin B-6. However, you had to scroll way down to get the list of ingredients. They have basically mixed all the herbs together for a migraine remedy. Personally, I would be very wary before trying it. It sounds a lot like what people used to call "snake oil."

The article about the company is also very helpful and seemed to come t the same conclusion.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  joshp Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:07 pm

sailingmuffin wrote:It sounds a lot like what people used to call "snake oil."

That was certainly my first reaction as well.
joshp
joshp

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:07 am

I wasn't sure I had until I clicked on the "Eileen's story" part and saw the picture of the little girl. Then I remembered it. Back then they had a money back guarantee but I didn't see it there now. They said the money back guarantee wouldn't apply to me because I had used painkillers for years and they said that had messed up some kind of nerve receptors and the formula might not work. I used it according to directions but I actually thought they got worse. I e-mailed them to that effect but heard nothing back.

They do have other testimonies on there of people it worked for so mabye it's worth trying. But I would think if it was a consistent cure it would be all over the news, not just on the internet.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'? Empty I'm on it now actually

Post  tweedie62 Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:26 pm

I've suffered with migraines since my cycles started around 11yrs, now going through menopause at 49, yuckky They've gotten so bad just within the last couple years that I'd almost become house bound (what if I get one while we're out, that kind of thing) I was taking Maxalt for awhile which got rid of them but it took 2 hours and I didn't like the way they made my chest feel so tight plus we don't have insurance so the $24 dollars a pill thing was rough, specially if I had to end up taking two when I had a super bad one. I decided to go the natural route, went on the migraine diet, that cut down on them a lot. Now only get about 7 or 8 a month instead of 3 or 4 a week. Diet is kind of strict but hey, better than a migraine. After my last really Baaaad migraine I was in that "I can't take this anymore mood" started looking on the net again to see if I could find something and I came across the tuliv site, it sounded good so I thought what the heck. I've been on it for about 5 weeks, I got the six week supply, I have to say surprisingly, I haven't had a migraine yet, not even those little annoying headaches that end up building into a migraine, you know where the back of your neck gets stiff and you know one is coming if you don't take something fast. Even though I haven't had one yet I'm still sort of waiting for it to hit. LOL I've just had them for too many years to get my hopes up I guess, I'll try to let you guys know how it goes. I think it does really help to also stay COMPLETELY away from any of the triggers like caffeine, cheese, etc. etc. you know the list. I know this sounds stupid but I also stay away from any kind of preservative either, I could swear they trigger them, so fresh homemade food only for me, it's a HUGE pain but I think it's worth it.
tweedie62
tweedie62

Back to top Go down

Post  megdrex Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Here's the ingredient list from their website. My humble opinion: SNAKE OIL! or possibly worse, since it contains Wild Yam Root Extract - which is a source of estrogen. REALLY??? And I wonder why pregnant women and people taking blood-thinning meds shouldn't take it. HMMM......oh, because dong quai is an anti-coagulent AND has been known to INCREASE THE RISK OF MISCARRIAGE.

Dong Quai Extract (Angelica sinensis) (root) (5:1 extract)
Vitex agnus castus extract (fruit) (0.5% Agnusides)
Wild Yam Root Extract (Dioscorea villosa) (root) (6% Diosgenin)
Borage Oil Powder (GLA)
Black Cohosh and Cramp Bark Proprietary Blend
Folic Acid
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCI)
Other Inactive Ingredients: Rice flour, silicon dioxide and magnesium stearate to maintain separation. This product is hypoallergenic. Contains no preservatives, yeast, wheat, corn, soy, milk, sugar, or salt.

Safety Warning: Women who are pregnant or lactating should not take Migraine Defense. Do not take Migraine Defense if you are taking prescribed blood thinning medications (does not include aspirin).

megdrex

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'? Empty MHO

Post  tweedie62 Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Yeah I think with everything you take you have to be careful, herbs are no exception. Personally I would rather go the herb route. I tend to be the person who always gets the worse side effects of prescription meds. There are huge risks with script meds too, one of them being heart issues with long term use. I'm done having kids and lactating LOL so I think I'll keep using the tuliv for now if or until it doesn't work. Very Happy
tweedie62
tweedie62

Back to top Go down

Post  living Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi Tweedie,

What's the migraine diet? Is there an actual list of stuff to eat/no eat? Is it that same for everyone?

living

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'? Empty Migraine Diet

Post  tweedie62 Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:08 pm

It's sort of like an Allergy diet, you eliminate everything except foods that are know to be allergy free foods. You stay on it for about 2 weeks then you start adding one food every 3 days to see if that food is the problem. My big ones were soy, dairy, caffeine and of course anything with MSG or preservatives. Sometimes depending on the meat, I would get one too, I think because some meats have hormones or something, I found out that Kentucky fried chicken is LOADED with 60% MSG, I think most fast food uses MSG, man would I get a bad one after eating at KFC. UGH I also get one if I get stressed or over heated. the list of trigger foods is kind of long but you have to experiment and see which ones are your specific triggers, Like one of the foods you're not suppose to eat is citrus fruits but I eat them with no problem so that is why I kind of did my own little experiment. It didn't eliminate my migraines but I noticed I got them a lot less and they weren't quite as bad as they use to be. You could start by eliminating all the trigger foods. It's pretty hard at first but for me it was worth it. The list of trigger foods is basically any food that has tyramine, phenylethylamine, or histamine in it. You can put in a search for foods that contain tyramine etc and get a list that way. Here's the one I used, you could probably also put in "migraine diet" in google and get a bunch more. Good luck!!
Migraine Diet
tweedie62
tweedie62

Back to top Go down

Post  living Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Thanks Tweedie,

I've heard about that but I guess in the whole 'it's genetic' thing basically decided that I'd go the pharmaceutical route. But with the frequency a bit out of control I am going to have to try something a bit more drastic. I'll have a look at the migraine diet you linked and do a bit more research. Thanks Smile

living

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'? Empty Tuliv again

Post  Valerie Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:16 am

Tweedie62, have you found Tuliv to be consistently preventing your migraines? Thank you. If anyone else has a review please feel free to share. bom Valerie

Valerie

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'? Empty Migraine Free

Post  tweedie62 Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:11 am

Yup I've had no migraines after being on migraine defense for a month. I had one break through migraine a day before my period but Eileen the lady who's hubby had created the stuff actually called and I told her about the breakthrough migraine and she was so nice and suggested that I take one extra don qui supplement along with the regular stuff and that worked. Haven't had a migraine in over 4 months. I also stay completely away from ALL the trigger foods. Soy triggers my migraines within an hour so I don't eat it anymore which is hard cause it seems to be in just about EVERYTHING. UGH. But it's worth all the label reading to keep from getting one. I know a couple people personally who are on it too and it's worked the same for them. You can try it and see, what have you got to lose? They have a money back guarantee which I've heard they are very prompt to refund if for some reason it doesn't work for someone. Good luck. It's a bit pricey for our one income family but so is ending up in the ER like I have several time before when my maxalt prescription didn't do the trick, and no rebound headaches from migraine defense like I use to get sometimes with the maxalt.
tweedie62
tweedie62

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried 'Tuliv: Migraine Defense'? Empty My Experience with Tuliv Migraine Defense

Post  mlwester Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Ok... I don't normally take the time to login into a migraine website just to post a comment but I know how bad a migraine can be I wanted to share my experience.... First off, I'm a guy, 58 years old... yeah, I know, most sufferers of migraines are women but believe me, I know what a migraine is and how bad it can be.

When they first started about 6 years ago I was just feeling an uncomfortable pressure in my head. It seemed to get worse when I didn't get enough sleep or had to speak for long periods like when giving a presentation.  The pressure was pretty disconcerting but after a few months, I experienced my first headache. For the first time I understood my Aunt Barbour who was plagued by migraines, had stayed drugged the last few years of her life and died when she was 52.  My first headache lasted about 5 hours.

Anyway, After I had experienced several of these "crawl in a hole and cover me up" headaches I started thinking if I didn't do something I would soon be unable to work. I write software for a living and have to be able to concentrate, something impossible to do when a migraine is atacking.  So, I went to the family doc who wrote me a pain kller script and sent me to a neurologist. This doc ran tests, found nothing and wrote another perscription for some drug which did nothing.  I went back to him once and didn't feel too confident that he had anything for me.  (He seemed puzzled by the symtoms I described. He was arrogant too.)  About this time I was searching the web steadily, trying to learn what I could.  I tried some migraine cure from some website that didn't seem to work as the headaches kept coming. I finally discovered the Excedrine Migraine pills.  Excedrine did seem to help and would shorten the duration and severity of the headaches but was no cure for sure...

Still looking, I ran across "Christian Body Migraine Defense".  This intrigued me since I am a believer in Jesus Christ.  I spent a fair amout of time reading their lengthy sales pitch. By this time though, the $90 they charge for a 6 week supply was looking like a bargain if it helped these headaches.  I bit the bullet and ordered the product.

I followed their directions taking 6 pills a day until they were gone. I started noticing a difference about the third week.  By the sixth week the pressure in my head was gone so I ordered another six week supply.  This stuff is expensive, so this time I made it last longer by taking only 4 pills a day.  I finished this round having had no headaches and no symptoms.  I ordered one more time, this time taking only two pills a day until they were gone.  Doing this, I went through most of a year without any headaches or symptoms.  I had pretty much decided that my head aches were gone and stopped using Tuliv for almost a year.  

About a year later though, I again had a migraine although it was not as severe as some of the initial ones I'd had.  (By the way, I've learned to keep a bottle of the Excedrine at work, in my car and at home.  I've found that if I pop the Excedrine right when I experience the aura, which I do every time, the headache will be much milder.)  In a panic, I ordered Tuliv again and went through it two pills a day until it was gone.

Again, no more headaches or symptoms for a period of 8 to 12 months.  I can live with this.  I know that migraines have different causes and people have different chemistry but I can say that the Tuliv product has worked for me.  Thank God!  I know I have.  

If you are having migraines, I highly recommend giving this product a shot.  If it works for you, it's a bargain.  If not, well... stop using it.

mlwester

Back to top Go down

Post  lorente Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:00 pm

I am sincerely happy for those who have been helped by Tuliv. We all have different triggers and reasons for getting migraines, so we will all require different solutions. I rejoice whenever anyone finds a solution.

Having said that, however, I would strongly advise anyone considering Tuliv to research these herbs (just as you would do with drugs you haven't taken before) and to consult with an herbalist, naturopath, MD, or other knowledgeable health care practitioner. I have absolutely nothing against herbal meds when they're standardized, used responsibly, and are suggested or prescribed by a trained person. I spent years writing about herbs for various books and magazines--I'm a proponent for responsible herbal medicine-- and I know they can be safe and just as effective as drugs when prescribed and used correctly.

Herbal meds are not regulated by the FDA. They don't have to be standardized (even if they say they are) so you can never be certain what you're getting. (Most good brands are reliable, but you may recall the flap over this with GNC supplements a couple of months ago.) Plus, the four herbs contained in Tuliv are commonly used to treat hormonal imbalances (a major source of estrogen for bioidentical hormones for HRT is wild yam, for instance) and blood coagulation (dong quai thins the blood and dilates arteries), among other things.

I'm not saying that rules them out for migraine treatment; herbs can have different medical uses. But you need to know before just ordering something unregulated off the internet whether this is safe for you and what the side effects might be. If you have any underlying health problems -- heart problems, are taking blood thinners, have hormonal imbalances, are taking birth control pills--Tuliv might not be for you. Please consult a health care professional who knows something about herbal meds before you decide to take these. Please do not fall for that myth that, just because it's herbal, it must be "natural" and therefore "safe."

lorente

Back to top Go down

Post  kloos Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:38 am

Hi mlwester, welcome to the forums. I am glad to hear that you found a cure for your migraines... long may it last! It is always encouraging to hear success stories as it give us long timers hope that one day we might find something that will help us as well.

kloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down