migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired of hurting

4 posters

Go down

Tired of hurting Empty Tired of hurting

Post  Megan45 Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi all, I have suffered with migraines for about 8 yrs. now. I have menustraul migraines. Sometimes they can last a week or longer. I seem to be getting them more at other times now too. I take Maxalt but it doesn't always help. I feel so sorry for people that have them everyday. I work at a place that if we are sick and call in 1 day then we have to work our next weekend off. I only call in when the pain is unbearable and have worked when I should have stayed home. I wish people were more compassionate that don't have migraines. I wish they could experience a migraine just once so they would know what a hell it is and be more compassionate to us that suffer with them.
Megan45
Megan45

Back to top Go down

Tired of hurting Empty Re: Tired of hurting

Post  Brenda Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi Megan! I'm right there with you. I so often wish everybody I know would have just one migraine so they understand. I wouldn't wish more than that on anyone, but I think there would be much more understanding and compassion if the people we deal with on a day to day basis knew first hand what we were experiencing.

I'm currently on what the neurologist called transformed migraines meaning they've gone from regular migraines to daily ones. We're trying a new plan of attack to see how that goes.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:08 pm

I hear ya. Between the migraines and TN, I have been in constant pain for over a week. My face feels like one big exposed nerve. I can't touch it at all as that makes the pain just explode. I can't tell you how many times I touch it without thinking and boy, do I regret it. I can't even have my glasses on right now.

When this goes on too long, it triggers a migraine and I know I am in for it. I hate cold weather!
Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:30 pm

I hear ya, as well.

I have chronic daily migraine. The pain level just fluctuates up and down day to day and throughout the day.

Lately my upper back and shoulders have been really acting up too. If I'm not able to get them to relax, it worsens the migraines. Not sure if it's the cold weather here (it was 3 degrees below zero this morning with wind chills around 20 below F) or what. Just wish there was a way to make all the pain go away for a couple days of reprieve.

The thing about migraines that those who do not have them do not understand is how the brain pain affects your total being, the core of your being. It's such a different pain from other bodily pain.

Hope it helps to know we're all hurting with you.

Take care,
Becky Crying or Very sad
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down