migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IBS physically changes the brain.....Migraine mentioned.

3 posters

Go down

IBS physically changes the brain.....Migraine mentioned. Empty IBS physically changes the brain.....Migraine mentioned.

Post  pen Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:27 pm

I have IBS so was sent this link.
Interesting, and migraine is cited too.

http://www.aolhealth.com/condition-center/digestive-disorders/ibs-changes-sufferers-brains?icid=main|main|dl10|link5|http://www.aolhealth.com/condition-center/digestive-disorders/ibs-changes-sufferers-brains&sms_ss=facebook

pen

Back to top Go down

IBS physically changes the brain.....Migraine mentioned. Empty brain

Post  dawn.binks Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:29 pm

the migraine connection is that the brain is also altered thru the migs but thats what my neuro has said to me that the pain pathways all change. am a bit puzzled by the study tho as it was only done with women so can only state those results!!!! Question Question Question Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

IBS physically changes the brain.....Migraine mentioned. Empty Re: IBS physically changes the brain.....Migraine mentioned.

Post  lesherb Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:13 pm

For some reason, I remember hearing that IBS only affects women. That doesn't make sense but it's definitely in my memory (for what it's worth).
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

IBS physically changes the brain.....Migraine mentioned. Empty Re: IBS physically changes the brain.....Migraine mentioned.

Post  pen Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:46 pm

It doesnt, but it is far more common and it is thought this is due to our old friends.....got it????
Hormones....

I imagine it was easier to get a sample of women.
Men are also not that great in coming forward for some things...

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:30 pm

IBS can afflict men and women.

Still a complicated issue, but it can be tied to a dysfunctioning central nervous system/GI distress.

Back to top Go down

IBS physically changes the brain.....Migraine mentioned. Empty ibs

Post  dawn.binks Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:52 am

yes it definitely does affect men and women but we come across the old problem again that women are more likely to go to the drs than men so there are alot more men out there with it than what we know.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down