migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with?

+5
Stillhurtin
LG
Brenda
tecky
Paradox
9 posters

Go down

How many pillows do you sleep with?

Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Vote_lcap5%Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Vote_lcap20%Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Vote_lcap60%Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 12 ]
Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Vote_lcap10%Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Vote_lcap5%Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 20

Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Empty Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with?

Post  Paradox Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:37 am

Saw in a post where someone mentioned sleeping angles. It made me curious so I thought I'd poll.

I counted last night and I have six! Yikes! Two for my head, a king size one on each side to snuggle with, one between my knees, and one down by my feet.

Good thing we have a king size bed for all my pillows!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Empty Re: Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with?

Post  tecky Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:37 pm

I sleep in a recliner, because lying flat makes the pounding in my head worse and also irritates my upper back. I use one pillow on the left side of my head and one supporting my left arm.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Empty Re: Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with?

Post  Brenda Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:21 pm

I marked 2-3 but I don't snuggle with them. They're all under my head/shoulders. I like to sleep propped up.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:11 pm

A while back my husband and I sprung for a temperpedic mattress. We got two free pillows with it.
I fell in love with the pillows, however not so much the mattress. We ended up returning it, but
we kept the pillows. I sleep with just the one temperpedic pillow under my head. After using it for months
I realize I can't sleep with any other pillow without getting really bad neck pain. It's not the normal flat
pillow though, it actually is curved a bit. The best way to describe it is it looks like an hourglass cut in half.

I also use one very flat pillow between my legs. Never used to be like that until I got to be about 7 months
pregnant and the habit stuck with me since then. If I don't use it, I wake up with horrible hip pain for
whatever reason. I tell ya, pregnancy kills ya body! Mad
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:35 pm

I sleep with one-
on TOP of my head..lol
This change came with the M monster (so about two years ago). I found that I often needed to be laying flat for the pounding to stop, and I hold one pillow over my eyes and head and have my arms over my head on each side holding it down to add a lil presure and also to cover my ears. Once I am sound asleep I seem to move around a lot so it ends up wherever, but thats how I fall asleep most often....In my Migraine Coccoon. Question

Jessica
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:34 am

I have two - a good quality feather pillow, and a thinner foam one - under my head. I'm very fussy about them and if OH changes the bedding and accidently mixes them up with his, or puts the wrong one on top I can tell and it bothers me (he makes sure not to do this anymore after my complaints!!). I used to just have the feather one, but could never get comfortable or would wake with a sore neck.

I also have a 'V' pillow that I'm using between my knees and under my bump when I need it. We have a small double bed due to the strange room dimensions, and it takes up more room than I'd like, so I try and do without.

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:54 am

I agree with Brenda. I sleep with 3 but they are to keep me propped up, not snuggle with. I sleep better propped up when trying to avoid migraine.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Ray Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:34 pm

I have slept in a chair over 10 years now because laying flat kills my head. I have tried many many pillows but always go back to the one my Aunt gave me about 15 years ago. And back then it was one they made years ago. So it is very old. But the feathers inside are what I am used to. Lily wants to burn it but when I try a new one it always triggers a bad migraine. So what else can I do but use the one I like.I have even tried many expensive feather pillows. And no way with foam or real firm pillows.
Billy Ray
Billy Ray

Back to top Go down

Poll - How many pillows do you sleep with? Empty My pillows

Post  Mule Kick Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:55 am

I currently sleep on two pillows, to keep my head proped up, so that I can breathe.

I own several more pillows. I have not yet found the perfect combination. None of my pillows are supportive enough.

Most pillows are designed for people who sleep on their backs. If I sleep on my back, I feel like I am suffacating; so I usually sleep on my side.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down