So now what do I do.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So now what do I do.

Post  pen on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:26 am

I have a physio apt, for my neck.
I have woken with left side pain. The appointment is in 3 hours.

If I take a Triptan, it will take that long to work and make me feel weird for a while.
If I take OTC there is a chance they will help, but it is a chance.

I want to go, but if this doesnt shift I wont make it.

Time is passing and I just dont know what to do....this is extra stress I dont need.
I hate these dilemmas...

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Re: So now what do I do.

Post  mxgo on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:00 am

I do not know the depth of your pain, but whatever you do, make your appt.

For my first trigger point appt, I also was not sure if I could make the 40 minute drive. I also knew that I had to take a chance, I just wanted some relief from the constant headaches, slight dizziness, neck pain, and nausea.

Making that appt, was the best thing, I have done for my headaches. Make the appt!

Martin
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Post  alli on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:48 am

No matter what go to the appt. If they see you at your worst then they know what they are working with. As much as it sucks to go when I feel like crap, at least I don't have to explain too much about what is going on because they can see it for themselves.

And they may be able to do something to help a bit.

I'm so sorry you feel so bad. I've had a pain in my neck for the last 6 days. The right side is having spasms or something. It sucks. I can only imagine how much worse you are.

HUGS
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:49 am

Well, I went with the OTC, they helped the head a bit and then I had another focus. My stomach was upset.
I get this with some migraine episodes, but not all.....would be this one wouldnt it!!!

BUT, like the trooper I am (arent we all) I got there.
It is not far, my husband took me and I managed to stay off the loo for the 30 minutes.

She showed me I have a tight ropey bit running down the centre of my neck from under the occipital.
She thinks this is causing the right side neck pain and also the teeth rubbish.
She was very gentle and told me to do a simple exercise until I see her again next week.

Interesting. She has just been to a seminar about necks and head pains.
So I went at an appropriate time. I told her what she didnt know, that necks are a bigger problems than nausea etc.
She was interested. She commented that most of the stuff the public and even some doctors perceive is pretty inaccurate.

So, there you go, and thank you for your words of encouragement. Smile

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  alli on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Great! See even when you absolutely don't want to go it is better when you do. I think PT's and other type of therapists know a lot more than doctors sometimes as they are actually working with the body and can tell subtle things that doctors don't pick up on.

My first rib dislocates very easily and I spent 4 freakin years trying to find out why my neck and shoulder where in such agony and it was a PT who figured it out. One simple adjustment and years of pain were gone. Now when the stupid thing dislocates, I can pop it back in place and instead of hours of pain, it is a couple of minutes.

I have much more faith in therapists than some doctors.

I'm so glad it was a good appt and I hope she is able to help much more as time goes on.
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum