migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think we could have told them this.

4 posters

Go down

I think we could have told them this. Empty I think we could have told them this.

Post  pen Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:37 am

But good to see it acknowledged: Stigma.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-06/ahs-som062110.php

pen

Back to top Go down

I think we could have told them this. Empty Re: I think we could have told them this.

Post  Brent Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:02 pm

It's great to see so many docs involved in mig research and really see it as a true problem. Why can't any of them be around us to have as docs? Rolling Eyes
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

I think we could have told them this. Empty Re: I think we could have told them this.

Post  alli Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:58 am

Yes we could have... told them this. I'd say even among neurologists, about half of them don't see chronic migraines as something real. I have had neuros that work with me and ones that make me think that they think I am exaggerating.

Sometimes I wish that migraines, Fibro, TN and other silent pain sydromes had a more overt symptomology so that people could SEE our pain and not think we are exaggerating.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:51 am

I agree Alli. I would quite appreciate my nose turning a fetching shade if it was more convincing. cheers

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  TeriRobert Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Brent,

It IS nice to see these docs working on this. I talked with Dr. Young about it a bit yesterday afternoon. We're going to do a podcast about this soon.

Sorry not to remember where you live, but these are docs who ARE around and treating patients. They're at the Jefferson in Philadelphia.

Teri

Brent wrote:It's great to see so many docs involved in mig research and really see it as a true problem. Why can't any of them be around us to have as docs? Rolling Eyes

TeriRobert

http://www.HelpForHeadaches.com, www.MyMigraineConnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down