migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zofran for nausea..not working well. Any suggestions?

+2
cupatea
Greeneyes
6 posters

Go down

Zofran for nausea..not working well.  Any suggestions? Empty Zofran for nausea..not working well. Any suggestions?

Post  Greeneyes Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:51 pm

I take Zofran for nausea/vomiting..not working too well any more..do you have any suggestions for me to try..phenergan and compazine don't work well for me.

Thank you.
Greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Zofran for nausea..not working well.  Any suggestions? Empty Re: Zofran for nausea..not working well. Any suggestions?

Post  cupatea Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi GreenEyes!

Have you tried both compazine or phenergan in the suppository form. They work much better than the oral route. I'm on zofran (dissolvable), too.
I also try to keep a few cans of regular coke in the house as well as some gingersnaps for those horrible nauseous moments....so plentiful for us! Joy!!

Feel better soon xo
T
cupatea
cupatea

Back to top Go down

Zofran for nausea..not working well.  Any suggestions? Empty Re: Zofran for nausea..not working well. Any suggestions?

Post  sailingmuffin Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:17 am

Hi,

I have occaisional horrible bouts of nausea and vomitting. Zofran helps some. However, when it gets really bad, I usually get an IM injection of phenergan. My doctor prescribed some IM phenergan for home use in order to avoid the hospital and to prevent dehydration. This helps a great deal. It might be worth talking to your dr about it. I have been given visteral for nausea in the past and that helped a bit.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Zofran for nausea..not working well.  Any suggestions? Empty Zofran and Compazine

Post  pilot57 Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:48 am

I have not had good luck with Compazine alone for nausea (even the suppositories), so my neuro just prescribed Zofran and Compazine together. We'll see if they help.

Ann

pilot57

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:49 pm

My wife uses Inapsine on any mig patients she transports usually with very good results. It works not just on the nausea but the mig pain also. And she has shot me full of it many times. I don't know if it's available in pill form though. It does knock me out for 6-8 hrs.

An ER doc at Providence Centralia Hospital is doing a research project on rapid mig abortive treatments. He is getting good results with it but it's not 100% on everyone. And that is why paramedics are allowed to use it in Lewis county.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:08 am

Brent,

I tried a couple of anti-nausea meds, but nothing worked as well as a ginger tea. Just chop up a bit of ginger into small bits, add some boiling water, lemon juice and a spoon full of honey. It is a really nice drink and has never failed me.

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down