migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Lyrica...mig worse

5 posters

Go down

Off Lyrica...mig worse Empty Off Lyrica...mig worse

Post  alli Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Well I am off Lyrica and I haven't had an edema episode in a bit over a week. My feet till hurt a lot so obviously all the effects aren't gone yet. I'm having migraines almost every day and IBS is a bit worse too. Joy joy.

My bosses bought a gym membership for me and I start with a personal trainer on Tues to work off this 40 freakin lbs I put on. I am hoping that as I can exercise more and get stronger that the migs and fibro will improve.

THe questionnaire they had me fill out was a bit daunting by the time I got done. What part of me doesn't hurt???? I told Nick that I'm a mess and to bring me along slowly so I don't do the usual and injure myself since I don't always listen to my body. I don't like what it has to say anyway! Razz

I hope this works.... I want my body back and a less painful one would be nice too!
Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Off Lyrica...mig worse Empty Re: Off Lyrica...mig worse

Post  tecky Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Alli,

I'm sorry the migraines are back and the IBS is worse.

Good for you in having the courage and ambition to work with a personal trainer. I admire you for taking the opportunity presented to you. I know you'll do well and I hope it helps you feel better. You go girl!!!! flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:23 pm

A couple of thoughts...

Even though your boss can be insensitive at times, they really do love you don't they? I think it shows what we all know, you're a really cool Lady!

Kudos for taking that step when it so hard to move...

It has helped me cope with the constant pain knowing that Im taking steps to help myself.

I went off the Doxepin six weeks ago and have already lost nine pounds without really trying. Considering I just quit smoking two months ago I think that says a lot about what the doxepin was doing to my appetite!

Now excuse me while I eat my portabella and Gouda cheese burger...yes, Im in heaven. It's all mixed up in the burger and not just sitting on top. Yum!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:57 pm

Hope all goes well with the trainer. Go easy on yourself.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:19 am

Well that's a good news/bad news sort of thing. I hope that after a while your body adjusts to not having that in your system and settles down.

Do take it easy at the gym. Last thing you need is to do something silly and make yourself hurt. Glad you have the opportunity to try to lose the extra weight though. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down