migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did something today I thought I'd never have to...

2 posters

Go down

Did something today I thought I'd never have to... Empty Did something today I thought I'd never have to...

Post  HeelerLady Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:52 pm

Officially sued my roommate for failure to pay rent, do the yardwork and failure to clean up when she decided to move out.

Don't know what's going to happen. She has until 7/19 to respond in writing to the court with a satisfactory answer or I may get a default judgment. Only problem will be collecting.

She totaled her car on 6/6 by rear-ending someone which pushed their car into an intersection where another car hit it so hard stuff flew off and hit a 4th car. She has no insurance (and our state just mandated 6/1 that every driver/car must carry insurance). She's looking at 2 tickets, both which are mandated court appearances. Plus the car she hit, the driver and passenger had serious injuries - can imagine they will be suing her as well as well as their insurance company.

Since she totaled her car, she has no way of getting to work but she also planned to quit so they may have told her to get lost anyway. Plus she signed another lease for an apartment that is 3 hours away.

I've also heard through the grapevine that she's telling tales. Claiming she hurt her knee so bad that it's going to take weeks to recover...which is funny because she came and moved all her stuff out 6/7 she was running up and down the stairs with no brace or crutches. I've had knee injuries and if they are as bad as she says you stay the heck off of them. Also claiming that she's moved up to the other apartment - not possible with no car and all the other stories she's telling.

Just sad.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Did something today I thought I'd never have to... Empty Re: Did something today I thought I'd never have to...

Post  Paradox Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:15 pm

It is sad when situations like that don't work. You enter in to those agreements with such high hopes.

For about eight years we had a rental house. We had one set of really bad tenants. they left owing us close to $2000. Oh, and the tales they told! When we had new siding put on the house they said they did it ( why would you put new siding on a house you didn't own!). What was even more ridiculous was the renter worked at the same place hubby did, so there had to a pretty high expectation that hubby would hear the gossip.

I didn't sue them and I have regretted it ever since. I get po'd every time I see them and feel like a chump. At the time it took me so long to get them OUT of the house I didn't want to have anything more to do with them.

You go, Girl!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Did something today I thought I'd never have to... Empty Re: Did something today I thought I'd never have to...

Post  HeelerLady Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Charlotte,

I can imagine how irritating that is. Live and learn I guess.

The funny thing is the roommate has no excuse. When we had a letter conversation about her male friend overstaying his welcome she put in the letter that she was planning to move to the other town but knew that she still had to pay rent here. I included that as an exhibit on the suit. She has no excuse and isn't going to win this. I have a feeling she will ignore the summons.

The even funnier thing is she thinks she's being sneaky but has a family of blabbermouths. I know her aunts and her siblings will tell them exactly whats going on. Her cousins can't keep a secret. Just funny...that and then she tells people we mutually know things that aren't true. Then it comes to me and it's so obvious to the person she talked to and I that it is not true.

I never in a million years expected this to happen. When I asked her to move in I never saw this at all. Sad thing is I know I'm going to have to file again. I know she's not going to pay July or her part of the August either. I could file each month but it gets expensive to do it so the next one will likely be after the end of the lease.

The other part is the extreme stress brought on more M - and not fun ones at that. Oye...why can't people just uphold their end of the bargain. Sorry been one of those days as well. I could string up a few folks and not have any regret (most have PhD behind their name).

Thanks for listening and the support. This is the easy part - collecting will be the hard part....
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down