How would you describe your visual disturbances?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How would you describe your visual disturbances?

Post  dizzyflower on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:39 am

I was asked this at an apointment and got told that everyone has someting and perhaps I am over obsessing about them.

Well today they are all around me to the extent I can hardly see what I'm writing.

Mine kind of copy stuff you have looked at in a seethrough greyish green and jiggle about to make you feel sick. If they get too manythey become black glitter. Is this typical?

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Re: How would you describe your visual disturbances?

Post  Ivy on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:58 am

I don't get aura and I get few visual distrubances.
Mine are mainly on focusing on things, but sometimes I also have the feeling of seeing things curved or crooked. It lasts only seconds and I know that it announces a mig.
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:08 am

Mine starts as a sparkling spot that soon expands in a circle and looks like a spinning kaleidoscope. I soon can't see faces, or words, or the car in front of me, but I have peripheral vision (so I know the person by their hair and clothes). It is chromium in color and lasts about 20 minutes.

Angela

Last edited by Almostangela on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  pen on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:14 am

Sorry, like Ivy I dont get this. I never have. It sounds horrible though.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  lizholmesod on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:55 am

Mine vary. From ripples in my peripheral vision (just like ripples on water) that then turn into the vividly flashing 'scintillating scotoma'. This then moves across my field of vision, getting larger and more intense. This can last anything from 20 minutes to 24 hours. Hateful. Usually silvery colours but sometimes more sunburst-like.

I also get blind spots - just like 'holes' in my vision that are filled with nothing.

Also have visual snow, like falling debris to varying degrees, and occasionally once the scotoma goes away I'll have double vision (almost like looking in a cracked mirror) for a day or so afterwards.

it's the thing i hate most about migraine. i could almost tolerate the pain without toooooo much whinging if it weren't for the horror of the aura....

LHx

lizholmesod

Back to top Go down

Post  alli on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:48 am

On hte rare occasion that I get an aura, I see a small dot that slowly grows into a scintillating ring with flashing sparks. This lasts about twenty minutes, then the pain starts.

The other thing I get is a slight double vision. This is particularily annoying as it will last for hours, sometimes days. I can see up close but distance is double vision. It's weird.
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  prettyserious on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:21 am

I'm so sorry you have to deal with it to that degree! Like the couple of others mentioned above, I have trouble focusing and get wiggles in my peripheral vision. Usually if I blink really hard, the world will "right itself" for a while.
prettyserious

http://www.twitter.com/pretty_serious

Back to top Go down

Post  newtothis on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:32 am

Mine dance all around my field of vision. Sometimes they're zigzaggy and sometimes they spiral. I also sometimes get white spots or black spots. Mine last anywere from minutes to hours. They can be horrifying and/or sickening. Sometimes I feel like I just got off of a ride that was quickly spinning in about 20 different directions and my eyes are still on the ride. They can be in color or monochrome.

I've actually thought about taking drammamine or trying a motion sickness wrist band to see if they would help when it hits!
newtothis

Back to top Go down

Post  WitsEnd on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:57 am

Almostangela wrote:Mine starts as a sparkling spot that soon expands in a circle and looks like a spinning kaleidoscope. I soon can't see faces, or words, or the car in front of me, but I have peripheral vision (so I know the person by their hair and clothes). It is chromium in color and lasts about 20 minutes.

Angela

Mine is so like Angela's! Great way to describe it!

The only difference is sometimes it will start not with the sparkling spot, but with partial loss of vision. If I was to look at someone, they would only have one eye. This will last a while and then the sparkling spot will appear.

For me, the really bad ones begin with the partial loss of vision. And the longer the aura lasts, the worse the M will be and the longer it will take to go away.

It's horrible!!
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

some fantastic ways to describe it.

Post  dizzyflower on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:09 am

Thay are horrible, and I agree I can put up with the pain just, if it wasn't for these annoying things in the way of my vision. Getting it every day is really wearing. I wish there way a magic wand we could wave to get rid of them.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top