migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy.

+4
sherri b
tdu
HeelerLady
pen
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are you trying Butterbur.

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_lcap15%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_lcap12%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_lcap19%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_lcap0%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_lcap12%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_lcap15%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_lcap4%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_lcap8%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_lcap8%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_lcap7%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 26

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Empty Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy.

Post  pen Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:24 am

As quite a few are now on this and threads are popping up all over, I though it might be helpful to have a sort of poll thread.
Just a few basic questions with comments of course. I realise you cant tick something with a multiple choice, it doesnt let you, so use it as a question and comment maybe.
Be good to see how it pans out. So far it seems to be helping more than not.

I would love to feed this back to our migraine group here as they are recommending it to members, but don't seem to have any brands or personal anecdotes to offer.

These things are not easy to structure, so if you can think of a better way, please let me know.
So far I have posed the questions and you can just tick those appropriate, and maybe comment on the questions.

Come back later and update.
If we run it for a while to give it a chance to kick in.
They say it can take 3 months, but most seem to be experiencing something much sooner than that.

This could be quite big news for migraineurs, so worth plotting I though. And helpful for newbies maybe.

Thanks

pen

Back to top Go down

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Empty Re: Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy.

Post  pen Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:38 am

Not very good it it? Can anyone work it better?
Or just tick those pertinent and answer the questions briefly as comment.

~Sorry,

pen

Back to top Go down

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Empty Hi Pen

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:43 am

It wasn't possible to say how long we've been taking it. So, I'll just say, for me, it has been almost 3 weeks. Too bad there wasn't a better way to track this??

Back to top Go down

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Empty Re: Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy.

Post  pen Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:56 am

Play around with it Gail see if you can do a better one. I couldn't figure how to.
That's why I said comment. Treat them as Bullet point questions.
It is very basic.

Thanks for answering.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:52 am

Bump

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Thougth I would take a look at this as its been a month.

How is everyone doing?

Success, or!!!!!

Also found an article

http://www.naturalnews.com/028866_butterbur_migraines.html

pen

Back to top Go down

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Empty since May 27

Post  Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:53 pm

been taking it since May 27th. No change.

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Sorry Gail, Becky hasnt seen anything either.
Give it the 2 to 4 months if you can Gail.....it seems to be it works later for some people.
How are the side effects?

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Gail,

I think Pen reported my results. A month and I don't notice a difference. Sigh.... I don't know if other events in my life are overshadowing possible results though (lots of stress affraid ). I'm going to give it at least another month. I guess one thing I have noticed is that the facial symptoms are less - less pain and less severe if I do get them. I guess it's a positive. Smile I was hoping for a day off but perhaps it will come.... One can always hope.

Becky

PS I have no side-effects from it. Smile I tried taking a cocktail of things but had joint issues (I think it was the coQ10 - can't handle high doses of the stuff) and am only taking butterbur and 100 mg of coQ10.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Empty Pen

Post  Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:10 pm

I will definately be giving it a good four months. I think that's the only way to know for sure if it will help. You say some are noticing results later? Thanks for sharing that. I still feel it shortly after taking it. But that wears off soon enough. But, there is a certain type of pain I don't notice the side effects with. The exteme pain. BTW I began feverfew on Monday. I hope I don't end up killing myself. And, Becky, keep taking it. You never know.....

Back to top Go down

Post  tdu Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:01 pm

I don't really get how to use the poll lol.

I have been taking it for about 7-8 months now I think, which I think means I have been on it a little longer than a lot of people here. I take Petadolex, and have had no side effects.

There is one issue with me reporting results though. At the same time I started taking 'Migrelief' (B2, Feverfew, Magnesium) and Q10. So it's tough to know if one thing is working, or if they are all working in conjunction.

There has definitely been a decrease in the frequency of my headaches. And they are WAY easier to treat. I have been back to work at my seasonal job since April, and I have been able to manage the migraines so well I haven't missed a day of work in that time or had to leave early. For me to go 3 months without missing a day of work is pretty impressive.

tdu

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:12 pm

The poll doesnt work properly as it wont give multiple choice.
If you read my first post i suggested just using it for questions instead.
The facilities on this forum are very limited, sorry

I am glad the Butterbur, or something is helping.
That is good news.

Thanks for sharing.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi,

I started taking the Pentadolex in April, I got tremendous results. I went from 27 migraines a month to 11 in May and June. Now July has come in like a lion! I have had on everyday, have changed nothing! I feel like quiting the Pentadolex, to me at this point in time it is a waste of money. Don't know what could have happened, such a great start now this!

Sad
Sherri B!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  jwar Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Sherri - almost the exact same story for me unfortunately. I started it in April and April and May were totally awesome. But then June and July hit and I've been crippled in pain.

I don't know what to think of it. I'm going to keep taking it for a while as the weather here has been brutally hot and humid, with several thunderstorms a week. I know that weather effects me, but I'm starting to get pretty disappointed with the Petadolex. I thought for sure I'd get more than 2 months of relief from it.

Back to acupuncture, which I really don't know how I'm going to afford. :c\
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter_sky Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:39 am

I think I started taking Pentadolex about May time.

I was getting daily headaches/mild migraines and weekly full blow migraines, theses would last 2 days at a time.

After about a week of taking Pentadolex I noticed a change, they did not stop the migraines altogether but greatly reduced them. I have not had a full blown M in over three weeks, and no real head pain of any type, and even the M 3 weeks ago was very mild, this has been a real migraine holiday.

I missed one gel a few days ago and I swear I could feel the dreaded M coming on, so took it on getting home and no headache.

On the downside reading other posts I suspect Pentadolex may be just a M holiday, and I dread the day they may stop working, but if they do I will give them a break for a few weeks and try again, I suspect our body builds up a tolerance to and med and they become less effective, but if you come of them then start again a few weeks on, maybe just maybe you can get the same effect?

Peter
Peter_sky
Peter_sky

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:43 am

jwar,

thanks for the information. i did stop taking them a couple of days ago. I felt it was a waste of money right now as I am back to everyday of migraines again.

I do remember you and I started about the same time, and felt the same results.

Our weather has been somewhat like yours. (I'm in PA)

I am thinking of stoping the Petadolex for a month, then trying it again. I am so very disappointed!!! I felt so good for 2 months! 11 migs a month is nothing!!!

Hang in there, and thanks for the post.
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:43 am

I am sorry that the effect seem to be short lasting. I am asking around to see if this is typical.
It does seem that everything that works as a preventative, drug or not stops working in time.
Why is that??? It seems migraine always wins. Twisted Evil

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:49 am

Pen,

Thanks for asking around. I am really curious if this doing the same thing for others. It was awsome for 2 months, and now the bottom dropped out.....

You're right,,, why do the migraines always win?

I was thinking of writing to the Weber & Weber people to get their take on this. Maybe I will do that later, but right now I have to focus on should I report off work or try to go today?????? Not doing well at all this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crying or Very sad
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:10 am

I'm sure I'll be the only one to report this, but I had some severe side effects. I was taking the Petadolex 3X a day. I started having heart palpitations and shortness of breath but didn't relate it to the Petadolex. I go to a center for fm/cfs and they have been giving me IV's which help a lot and are mostly just intense supplements and antioxidents. I've had them for months. Then twice my blood pressure shot up, my heart started pounding and the second time I had chest pain, my bp was around 200/100 and I ended up in an ambulance going to the hospital. They saw no reason for it to happen.

I quit the Petadolex and am back to normal, well, normal for me. No more heart pounding or sob. I do have an enlarged heart and am on Benicar for high bp. It must have something to do with the smooth muscle effect that messes my heart up. Since being on bp meds, I also can't use magnesium which helps migraines and fm. I doubt anyone else will have trouble. It's just the story of my life. I hope others are seeing good results.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:36 am

Wow Cathy, glad you figured it out. I didn't notice any side effects. Sorry you had all that stuff happen to you.

Do you get migs daily? How are you now? Did it seem to help while you were taking it? (the petadolex?)

thanks for sharing,
sherri b!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Empty Sheri, Jwar and peter

Post  Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:23 pm

I am very saddened to hear this. I thought the butterbur (espcially you Sherei ) was the answer. I am so sorry its effects have lessened. Do you plan to keep taking it just in case? Might be a good idea for awhile.

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:25 am

I am not sure what to do. Because of the cost, and me not working very well right now. I will probably take a break from it, till the finances get built up again, then give it another shot.

I should have known it was to good to be true! I have fallen way back down the ladder again now. Having them everyday and missing work. Yesterday I had to leave work at noon, then slept all day because of medication.

Sometimes life just sucks.

I am starting a support group. It will be held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month starting in Sept. I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

Have a pain free day!
Sherri b!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:41 am

Sherri - I couldn't take it long enough to get the part where I enjoyed any benefits. I get them almost daily and can just use Fiorinal w/coedine and Phenergen for when I'm sick with them. I don't have much of a life.

Good luck with your support group! I'm out in Harrisburg or I would love to attend. I see you're almost to Ohio. Someone here started one and I wanted to go but always had a mig at the time of the meeting. I guess that's the problem with having a support group for chronic sufferers. I hope it works out for you because it would be a great resource.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. Empty Hi Sheri

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:28 am

I can 'feel' your disappointment. (not a strong enough word) I have been taking butterbur for 2 months now. No change. I will keep taking it for awhile. ( I am taking the cheap one so I am able to continue) The support group is certainly a good idea. I wish you good luck with it. Yes, as you say, if something seems to good to be true..... So sad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter_sky Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:38 am

sherri b wrote:I am not sure what to do. Because of the cost, and me not working very well right now. I will probably take a break from it, till the finances get built up again, then give it another shot.

I should have known it was to good to be true! I have fallen way back down the ladder again now. Having them everyday and missing work. Yesterday I had to leave work at noon, then slept all day because of medication.

Sometimes life just sucks.

I am starting a support group. It will be held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month starting in Sept. I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

Have a pain free day!
Sherri b!

Hi,

Your original post about starting it inspired me to give it a go, and I am so glad I did. I am sorry it has stopped working for you, but maybe give it a rest for a time and try again. Even pain meds stop being of use after constant use. Did I not read that you should take them for 4 months then if they have helped stop taking unless the pain returns, maybe they are aware of the fact our bodies begin to be tolerant of them after time. Maybe worth contacting Weber and Weber it could be to there interest as well to be told how they have worked,

Peter
Peter_sky
Peter_sky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next