migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abusive behaviour on this forum must not be tolerated

+8
HeelerLady
lesherb
AuntieBubbs
pen
milo
Richard
Ivy
Senna
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Abusive behaviour on this forum must not be tolerated Empty Abusive behaviour on this forum must not be tolerated

Post  Senna Mon May 17, 2010 4:55 am

"You will count me in the "gang" - proud to be part of it btw:) but I don't care. I will take all your nasty, unpolite, hateful, rageous, paranoid words with pitiful patience and will consider them as the symptom of a serious and dangerous disease."

Ivy's words speak volumes - about Ivy herself. This is unworthy of her.
So, this goes on and on, Ivy and her gang keep on with their bullying tactics and abusive language - they intimidate and spoil this forum for others by continuing offensive posts like the one above.
This is behaviour unworthy of this forum.
It is not acceptable.

Such behaviour should not be tolerated on any forum.

Senna

Last edited by Senna on Mon May 17, 2010 7:13 am; edited 4 times in total

Senna

Back to top Go down

Abusive behaviour on this forum must not be tolerated Empty Re: Abusive behaviour on this forum must not be tolerated

Post  Ivy Mon May 17, 2010 5:13 am

So why are you still here?
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Abusive behaviour on this forum must not be tolerated Empty Re: Abusive behaviour on this forum must not be tolerated

Post  Senna Mon May 17, 2010 5:24 am

I know that your bullying has such aim in mind, but I refuse to be bullied by you.

There are too many decent people here whom I value and respect so frankly like other bullies - you and your gang - do not really count in the end. I refuse to be intimidated or pushed by people like you.
It is a shame that you spoil things for others though, so stop it.
Grow up. All of you.

Senna

Last edited by Senna on Wed May 19, 2010 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correcting syntax)

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon May 17, 2010 8:14 am

Howdy Senna,

This entire entire thread crosses the line for this forum. Please, please stop.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon May 17, 2010 11:04 am

I refuse to be baited this time. I am going to follow pen's lead and block the only person who has ever made me feel uncomfortable and bullied on this site.

There is simply too much stress in this world to allow her to add more.

Last edited by milo on Mon May 17, 2010 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cus I have migraines and I make errors when I type sometimes)
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon May 17, 2010 11:07 am

Pen, can you please tell me how to block a person?
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon May 17, 2010 11:38 am

Of course Milo.
Go to Profile
Across the top are tabs one of which says "Friends and Foes"
Scroll down and you will see at the bottom "Foes".
Then it will say "add a foe" just put the person's user name in there.

The person's post will no longer appear in your threads.
Neither can they PM you.
It is reversible

Hope this helps Milo.

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon May 17, 2010 11:53 am

Thanks Pen, I think this will make my time spent here much more like it used to be. Peaceful.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon May 17, 2010 11:54 am

milo wrote:Thanks Pen, I think this will make my time spent here much more like it used to be. Peaceful.

It helps quite a bit Milo. You are welcome.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon May 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks, Pen, I was going to ask the same thing. Now I know how to block people who are too ridiculous for words and need to get a life.
Question though - if the blocked person creates a whole thread, like this one, will the thread just not appear?
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon May 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi Bubbs,
In my experience, the thread will appear, but the postings by the person/persons blocked will not appear.
Any problems I will try to help. Been doing this a few weeks now.

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Mon May 17, 2010 4:28 pm

I think you've found the solution to our problems!
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon May 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Well I hope I'm not going on the hit list.....
Bubbs?? Milo???
Leslie ,stay with me...
Laughing

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon May 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Yeah Pen, I asked you so that I could block you. lol
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon May 17, 2010 4:55 pm

milo wrote:Yeah Pen, I asked you so that I could block you. lol

I knew it. I am so gullible.... Razz

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon May 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks Pen! Was going to ask how to do it as well. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon May 17, 2010 6:59 pm

What a laugh.
The biggest, rudest hypocrite on the forum calling for the abuse to be stopped.

You should have been a politician, Senna.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon May 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Not yet, Pen Very Happy Just instigators. If you don't instigate, I won't block you.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Tue May 18, 2010 12:32 am

This is exactly the point the made me overeact.
It's becoming more and more difficult to follow any interesting thread. There's always somoene who likes to use any subject to generate personal polemics and attacks.
Risa started an interesting thread on "auctioning off virginity" and for at least 10 posts there were only arguments on....SPELLING and GRAMMAR! I got lost, it became difficult and annoying to follow something interesting. And that post is only a sample, there are many others that begin well and which are then twisted into something totally off topic and annoying.

I will try to filter "foes" but I am afraid that this solves only partially the mess of certain posts because - indirectly - threads will be impacted and spoilt. I will follow Pen's advice anyway: it seems that it helps.

I am sorry that I overeacted. Like all those who have been here for a long time, my patience is not endless. Last Sunday I was under a bad spell and tried to find support and sympathy from this board but I found only the umpteenth annoying situations which cannot easily be ignored.

Have you all a nice day
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue May 18, 2010 4:35 am

Hope you are having a better day today Ivy. Our weather is playing silly buggers and I think it is bugging me.
They just said summer starts tomorrow here.....sound right, my son is flying to Florida today....but we'll see.

As regards the problem. No it doesnt fix it, it still isnt the comfortable forum it should be, but it helps, and it seems it all we can do.
Pen
Very Happy

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue May 18, 2010 7:36 am

Geez Louise,

I haven't been on much the last couple weeks because of the unpleasantness, then I take a look see today and the same person is causing the same problems...
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue May 18, 2010 9:01 am

Howdy Ivy and All,

Dear friend from afar, Ivy. No sweat - means, no problem, you are entirely forgiven. Yes, we all sometimes reach the end of our rope. Such is the time to do something different, turn off the computer, breath deeply. But we have all been there, and I would never criticize a woman of your huge integrity. No problem.

I have gotten into trouble almost every time I have chosen to critize or judge someone else. Adjectives, adverbs, and "you" statements are not my friend. they get me into trouble. by "trouble" I mean, that when I choose to moralize or criticize others, it always backfires. My words come out harsher or not as harsh as I intend. I really am very bad at moral judgements of others.

I am absolutely horrible at making medical diagnoses of others. I hope I never again suggest that someone is insane, bi-polar, mentally ill or any medical diagnosis. I have not the education nor the experience. And a little learning is a dangerous thing. So I choose not to do so. It makes for a more serene life and better sleep.

I am no angel ... VERY far from it. But I am older and I do learn from my mistakes sometimes. Past judgements I made of others had no good effect. Got me nothing but grief. So I don't go there any more. I try and try hard not to go there, I ought to say.

But we all have a limited amount fo patience. And when we reach the end of our patience, it is tough to stop. But for the sake of this forum, I hope I am better at stopping before I make medical diagnoses or moral judgements of others here. When push comes to shove, I know very little about any of you - as you know very little about me. So I hope I do not add to any unpleasantness here - we all need this safe place in our migraine world.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue May 18, 2010 9:31 am

Richard I am even older... cheers

I can very much concur with your comments. And respect them too.
Life experience is great, but I guess we still have the buttons which sometimes, no matter how hard we try to not let them....get pushed. Ivy found herself in that place, and I, who tries hard to be nice have slipped too. If this has caused anyone else consternation. I am sorry.

ALL.....

I was a moderator for 2 years on a forum for CFS.
It was a great place, much loved, but in the end it imploded because of the kind of behaviour we sometimes experience on here.
My senior co moderator's condition worsened, she did not like confrontation and 3 people ruined the whole thing.
In the end the forum owner pulled the plug one day with an hour warning...

I have been on here for over 3 years and seen a few flares of course.
We are intelligent people with strong minds and opinions, it is inevitable we wont always agree with each other.
BUT I have never experienced the lack of moderation we have here.
Unacceptable behaviour would have incurred warnings and eventual banning.
For the good of the rest of the forum users.....

I understand why Ronda is not in evidence much these days, she has other things to attend to.
But IMHO we badly need someone to step in to stop this kind of destructive behaviour.
What has gone on the last month or so is not acceptable.
People come here for support and it is not the same place at the moment.
That is sad. Sad

Is it time to approach Ronda and suggest someone stand in for her for a while?
I don't even mind doing it myself, having done it before, and as I am on here everyday.
But it is up to Ronda and I guess all of us....
To decide :
A: If this is needed (I believe it is)
B: To approach Ronda.
C: To chose someone acceptable.

I imagine I will get many posts of disapproval for this post, but it has been on my mind so rather than have it cause me a headache, I decided to commit it to paper....much more cathartic. Smile

There you go guys....my thoughts.....I shall now stand well back...

Cheers,
pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue May 18, 2010 9:58 am

All I can say is that one person's nastiness has driven me from the site. I drop in to see if things have changed, see all her nasty posts, and leave again. I sure hope something will be done at some point. This is my support....and I REALLY need support right now.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Tue May 18, 2010 10:12 am

Milo,

I swore to myself I wouldn't rejoin after the forum moved for some of the same reasons. I have Facebook and added some lovely people from here. Btw, if you asked me and I don't recognize your name I don't add. Ask again w/your Ronda's name in the message.

I was going to remove myself from the drama. I decided one day I needed to be back here for support.

I was glad to find out how to block posters and I will use that in the future.

Mary

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next