migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion

+11
HeelerLady
moominamy
CluelessKitty
lesherb
pen
Peter_sky
Richard
tecky
30yrsofheadache
Senna
Greeneyes
15 posters

Go down

Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion - Page 2 Empty Re: Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion

Post  moominamy Mon May 17, 2010 6:08 am

How are you Wendy? Hoping something has broken the migraine spell.

Take care

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion - Page 2 Empty Re: Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion

Post  HeelerLady Mon May 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Greeneyes wrote:Thank you for your love and support guys.

If I went to the ER they wouldn't do anything..If you have Kaiser insurance and you have a chronic pain problem..even intractable migraines they won't do anything..they send me to my PCP and normally I get an injection at her office.

As it is now..my hubby is giving me 3 Toradol injections at home..isn't working well at all though.

I have an appointment for a Dr. that is covering for mine..Honestly, I'm not feeling very hopeful because typically they don't want to prescribe something because you are not their patient. Praying, that something gets done.

I'm taking 30 mg of Nortriptyline..2 Trazdone..1 Benadryl..and still not sleep..Egads.

Love to you all..praying, that you are having a good day.
Greeneyes

Greeneyes,

So sorry you're hurting so. Sad Have you checked to see if your current meds are making things worse? I'm just wondering - if you aren't sleeping that is going to make things worse too. I do wonder if you aren't having an interaction. I had one and it was the worst pain of my life (it was 2 anti-depressants that weren't playing nice).

Just hoping you feel better soon.

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Mon May 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Wendy, I'm so worried about you. I hope you can get help from someone to stop this terrible pain you're in. I feel so bad for you. All my thoughts and prayers are with you, they really are. Alexis
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Tue May 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Thank you again so much for your thoughtfulness.

The doctor that filled in for mine..told me to take four pills of the Trazadone..along with the 40mg of Nortriptline..take 1 of the Dilaudid a day.

They gave me an injection of Dilaudid which knocked the pain down to an 8 .

In pain still today..at a loss of what to do.
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue May 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Greeneyes,

I know this might be a bad idea and others might yell at me, but take a short medication holiday (not the dilauded) or eliminate at least 1 of the antidepressants - I'd go with whichever is newest. I have a feeling you probably can't feel worse and see if it helps. Just holding you in my thoughts and prayers - it just sucks... Sad

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Wed May 19, 2010 1:19 am

I'm with Becky: a drug holiday - at this point - should be tried.
It's a hard thing to do but it often helps. At least, it helps to understand if there are drugs that worsen the situation rather than helping.

It's not easy, but from my own personal experience, it's worth. You need a good doctor's advice and help, but you can make it Smile

Take care
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed May 19, 2010 4:18 am

Wendy, I am sensitive to side effects. Trazadone gave me headaches when I tried it. I really hope something helps you soon.
Hugs,
No
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Brain Pain Mom Wed May 19, 2010 11:07 am

Sad I am so sorry to hear that you have been suffering so terribly and I really hope that the covering neuro has sympathy for you and will take good caare fo you. I wish I could hold your hand. I will keep you in my prayers.

Try some relaxation techniques at least to focus on the relaxation. I know taht it really doesn't help much when you are in that much pain, but it will give you something to focus on.
Brain Pain Mom
Brain Pain Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mianna Wed May 19, 2010 12:03 pm

Wendy....I wish you were getting better treatment. I continue to lift you up in prayer.

Supporting You,

Mianna.
Mianna
Mianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down