migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion

+11
HeelerLady
moominamy
CluelessKitty
lesherb
pen
Peter_sky
Richard
tecky
30yrsofheadache
Senna
Greeneyes
15 posters

Go down

Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion Empty Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion

Post  Greeneyes Sat May 15, 2010 3:54 am

This is huringme..can't see and in pain..just can't tkae pain abymore..don't know if I should ask y doctor about being admitted to the hospiatl.

Please help.what would you do?

Need my husband ..he's asleep.

ouch
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion Empty Re: Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion

Post  Senna Sat May 15, 2010 5:17 am

You sound as if you need urgent help.

You need to wake up your husband - ask him simply that it is time to call
(or to take you) to get some emergency help.

You need to do something. Now.

This bad spell has been lasting too long - some urgent intervention is needed.

You are not well enough to do anything yourself more -
you need other's to step in and help with an urgent medical intervention.

I am terribly sad and moved by your suffering.
It breaks my heart to hear about you unbearble pain.

Do not give up.
I was there once but over the years of fighting back things have changed and improved considearbly and to a large degree I began to get more of my life back when I almost given up.
Do not loose hope.
Start by waking your husband.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion Empty Re: Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat May 15, 2010 5:27 am

Wendy, I would go if I were you. You really need a break from the pain. I hope by now you have been able to get some help.
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat May 15, 2010 6:59 am

Oh, Wendy, I hope you were able to wake your husband and have him help get some help for you. I totally understand where you're coming from. I hope by now that you're feeling better.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 15, 2010 11:17 am

wendy,

i sorry you're having a giant migraine. sounds like it might be time for the neuros to step up and let the hospitals help.

if you're not having any relief, then it's time to go.

sorry,
mgb

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat May 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Go to the ER, my friend. You need intensive medical intervention from what you have been sharing here.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun May 16, 2010 5:12 am

Hope you're feeling better today, Wendy. Keeping you in my prayers. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Sun May 16, 2010 6:43 am

Thanks agian guys..love you all.

I just can't handle the pain anymore..in tears and exausted..still have insomnia..my doctor isn't listening and she is on vacation for a week..

Sorry, to whine..not thinking clearly..

Hope that you guys arer doing well.love
Greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sun May 16, 2010 9:04 am

Hey Greeneyes,

1. Go to the ER and have your husband by your side. Ask him to demand intervention in your pain.
2. If you and your doctor do not have a good working relationship, shop around. there are plenty fo doctors about. find one you can relate with.

But this painful episode has to end. Time for the ER.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter_sky Sun May 16, 2010 9:48 am

Hi Greeneyes,

I do hope that you feel better soon, it must be awful.

If it was up to me I would go straight to the A and E, at least they could offer you something for the pain, they can not leave you to suffer without trying to help. Ask them to refer you to the EAU unit at least you will get to see a consultant and they can access you properly,
Peter
Peter_sky
Peter_sky

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun May 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Peter, sorry mate, beg to differ, then can leave you in pain...they did it with me....they asked what medication I had, and told me I had the necessary and to go home and deal with it.
I had to go back the next day to see a day doctor....it was about midnight on New Years Eve when I went.
Have to be honest though, although the pain was unbearable, so was the hospital, the noise and the waiting....

But yes, they can and do leave people....In UK anyway.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sun May 16, 2010 1:03 pm

Wendy, You have suffered for so long with your pain (in your life, not just this episode). Perhaps your doctor being on vacation is a blessing in disguise? If you go to the ER, maybe, just maybe they will have a recommendation for a new doctor?

If you can handle the rigor of being taken to the hospital and the wait and all the other garbage involved, please go.

I am in pain in spirit with you, if that helps.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun May 16, 2010 5:04 pm

GO to ER Wendy, DEMAND to be given something to END the migraine pain,
have your hubby by your side as your advocate.

You deserve the relief, and Wendy once you are back home PLEASE drop the doctor you have as she doesn't seem to know her butt from her head and seek another doctor, please.
You simply NEED better pain management, period.

Nothing else matters at the moment but YOU, dear

LOVE
Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Admitted to the hospital for intractable migraine..need your opinion Empty an update

Post  Greeneyes Sun May 16, 2010 8:48 pm

Thank you for your love and support guys.

If I went to the ER they wouldn't do anything..If you have Kaiser insurance and you have a chronic pain problem..even intractable migraines they won't do anything..they send me to my PCP and normally I get an injection at her office.

As it is now..my hubby is giving me 3 Toradol injections at home..isn't working well at all though.

I have an appointment for a Dr. that is covering for mine..Honestly, I'm not feeling very hopeful because typically they don't want to prescribe something because you are not their patient. Praying, that something gets done.

I'm taking 30 mg of Nortriptyline..2 Trazdone..1 Benadryl..and still not sleep..Egads.

Love to you all..praying, that you are having a good day.
Greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Mon May 17, 2010 4:16 am

I am so sorry that you are still in so much pain, Wendy.
I wish I could offer you some useful suggestion but I am not familiar with the way your inusrance syste, operates.
I just wonder what happens if you are in extreme pain in the middle of the night and you have no access to your PCP - do they still refuse you any treament in ER?

I am sure you have tried all sorts of solutions in the past, but have you ever been offered the occipal nerve injection with steroid and lidocaine? And if so, did it help in any way?

I have it done twice - second time about two weeks ago - and provided that they "hit" the right spot it can bring much relief. I know it does not always work in the same way, so even if it did not work the last time, it might be worth trying again.

You are at such high levels of pain that you need to go for some new action, soon. I am sure you and your husband are doing your best - I know you are having very difficult time - it is hard to fight back at times, but keep trying.

Senna

I

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Mon May 17, 2010 6:08 am

How are you Wendy? Hoping something has broken the migraine spell.

Take care

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon May 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Greeneyes wrote:Thank you for your love and support guys.

If I went to the ER they wouldn't do anything..If you have Kaiser insurance and you have a chronic pain problem..even intractable migraines they won't do anything..they send me to my PCP and normally I get an injection at her office.

As it is now..my hubby is giving me 3 Toradol injections at home..isn't working well at all though.

I have an appointment for a Dr. that is covering for mine..Honestly, I'm not feeling very hopeful because typically they don't want to prescribe something because you are not their patient. Praying, that something gets done.

I'm taking 30 mg of Nortriptyline..2 Trazdone..1 Benadryl..and still not sleep..Egads.

Love to you all..praying, that you are having a good day.
Greeneyes

Greeneyes,

So sorry you're hurting so. Sad Have you checked to see if your current meds are making things worse? I'm just wondering - if you aren't sleeping that is going to make things worse too. I do wonder if you aren't having an interaction. I had one and it was the worst pain of my life (it was 2 anti-depressants that weren't playing nice).

Just hoping you feel better soon.

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Mon May 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Wendy, I'm so worried about you. I hope you can get help from someone to stop this terrible pain you're in. I feel so bad for you. All my thoughts and prayers are with you, they really are. Alexis
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Tue May 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Thank you again so much for your thoughtfulness.

The doctor that filled in for mine..told me to take four pills of the Trazadone..along with the 40mg of Nortriptline..take 1 of the Dilaudid a day.

They gave me an injection of Dilaudid which knocked the pain down to an 8 .

In pain still today..at a loss of what to do.
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue May 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Greeneyes,

I know this might be a bad idea and others might yell at me, but take a short medication holiday (not the dilauded) or eliminate at least 1 of the antidepressants - I'd go with whichever is newest. I have a feeling you probably can't feel worse and see if it helps. Just holding you in my thoughts and prayers - it just sucks... Sad

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Wed May 19, 2010 1:19 am

I'm with Becky: a drug holiday - at this point - should be tried.
It's a hard thing to do but it often helps. At least, it helps to understand if there are drugs that worsen the situation rather than helping.

It's not easy, but from my own personal experience, it's worth. You need a good doctor's advice and help, but you can make it Smile

Take care
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed May 19, 2010 4:18 am

Wendy, I am sensitive to side effects. Trazadone gave me headaches when I tried it. I really hope something helps you soon.
Hugs,
No
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Brain Pain Mom Wed May 19, 2010 11:07 am

Sad I am so sorry to hear that you have been suffering so terribly and I really hope that the covering neuro has sympathy for you and will take good caare fo you. I wish I could hold your hand. I will keep you in my prayers.

Try some relaxation techniques at least to focus on the relaxation. I know taht it really doesn't help much when you are in that much pain, but it will give you something to focus on.
Brain Pain Mom
Brain Pain Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mianna Wed May 19, 2010 12:03 pm

Wendy....I wish you were getting better treatment. I continue to lift you up in prayer.

Supporting You,

Mianna.
Mianna
Mianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down