migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you get noises stuck in your head?

+5
Ivy
lentils
alli
theresae
pen
9 posters

Go down

Do you get noises stuck in your head? Empty Do you get noises stuck in your head?

Post  pen Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:19 am

Twice one of my family has set of the burglar alarm going out the door.
This morning the did it....that was almost 3 hours ago...
I can still hear it.

I am getting more tinnitus, but this is horrible.

Happened in a store when their alarm went off....why do they just leave them ringing?
Must be violating some noise abatement or health and safety law surely.
I have to leave, but the sound is in my head by then.

Am I alone please?

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Do you get noises stuck in your head? Empty Re: Do you get noises stuck in your head?

Post  theresae Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:28 am

sorry pen i cant relate to that, must be so annoying for you. x
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Do you get noises stuck in your head? Empty Re: Do you get noises stuck in your head?

Post  pen Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:14 am

theresae wrote:sorry pen i cant relate to that, must be so annoying for you. x

It is Theresa, actually it can be quite distressing if it is pulsing.
I am seeing the dr on Tuesday. Maybe need to go to ENT.

pen

Back to top Go down

Do you get noises stuck in your head? Empty Pen

Post  Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:14 am

Well, this is interesting. Here is something very similar. If I am wakened by a dream that has a sound in it that sound will stick in my head. And really upset me. Luckily the sound only sticks briefly. So, yes I can absolutely understand what you are saying. You are not alone. BTW I have a chronic hissing sound in both ears. I wonder what the connection is? If any.

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:34 am

I've been getting songs stuck in my head. It's annoying!! Not the same song either, all sorts of different ones. They pop whenever, sing for a while, go away then come back. This has been going on for WEEKS! It's like a song tinnitus. I'm not sure which is worse.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Do you get noises stuck in your head? Empty sounds stuck in head

Post  lentils Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:36 pm

I get songs, sometimes songs that I dislike, but I heard recently, stuck in my head for days.

During a migraine I could hear my mobile's ring outside. I'm sure it was an aural hallucination, it was slower in tempo than the real ring.

Sometimes I wonder if migraine is a disease of sensory overload and overstimulation. You're not alone, Pen.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:00 am

During migraine I may get it, especially from ambulance/police car's horns.
Also silly songs keep hammering in my head during migraine.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:46 am

lentils wrote: During a migraine I could hear my mobile's ring outside. I'm sure it was an aural hallucination, ...

I get hear this too. Then, when I check my phone, there's no indication that it rang or that I missed a call. A little disconcerting, to say the least.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Do you get noises stuck in your head? Empty Getting a tune stuck in your head

Post  ranjithkumar Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:38 am

Getting a tune stuck in your head and not being able to identify it, or hearing the best song ever and not knowing who it is by, are two of the most annoying things that plague human kind.

To help you out of such musical dilemmas, we’ve pulled together a handy list of resources that can help you out, and all for gratis.

To test the services, we picked two tracks to try out with each one, the first a classic head-sticking tune — Suzanne Vega’s

beginner guitar lessons
hiphopselite

ranjithkumar

Back to top Go down

Post  Annika Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Oh yes, this happens a lot for me. My dad, one of my sisters, and myself all play the piano. When I was little and was laying in bed, I would often hear someone playing a tune on the piano at night. Nobody was though, we were all in bed. I'll often hear remnants of a conversation I've recently had. If one of my kids has called me, I'll hear them calling me for several hours later - not constantly, but every few minutes or so, their voices will sound in my head. It's a little weird and probably drives them crazy, but I'm pretty used to it now. Very Happy

I'm the person who is always asking, "Did you hear that?" or "What was that?" People have stopped answering me now, they just give me this look to tell me it's all in my head.

Complete silence (or as close to it as you can get in a house with kids and pets) makes me hear more things. I have tinnitus and it's really nice at night when the music sounds because it's enough to completely cover up the ringing except when I get a pitch change.

Annika

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnfd Sat May 01, 2010 4:29 am

Hi Pen,

I don't get what you describe. That must be horrible. Loud noises will start my ears ringing for a while but I think that's fairly common. I have hissing tinnitus anyway.

I am with the rest of you though, and do hear things like the doorbell, phone, people talking and things like that when they're not. The worse my migraine is, then the worse this is but I can be like this anytime.
Johnfd
Johnfd

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat May 01, 2010 1:45 pm

It is like an permanent echo of a sound like an alarm.
It is a like and aural hallucination yes.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down