So thrilled, so grateful...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So thrilled, so grateful...

Post  Senna on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:12 am

Last year after seeing my neurologist I complained that although my M was much more udner control, I still get sometimes sharp, persisten kind of pain at the base of my skull. My neurologist suggested trying a steroid/lidocaine injection in the base of my skull, and this was done last September. The relief was immediate and lasting.

Only suddenly about 3/4 weeks ago I felt gradually that the pain was returning again.
Since I have Ankolysing Spondylitis in my neckl initially I tried to ignore it hoping that it will go away, taking some extra anti inflammatories (Celebrex) but nothing seems to touch the stinging sharp pain.

Until Y-day I had some visitors staying with me, but today I just picked up the phone on an impulse, called the hospital, and asked to speak to my neurologist's secretary, directly.

First I've confirmed my yearly appt with my neuro, on the 5th of May, and asked if it would be possible to have another injection at the same time (this is usualy with a different doctor, but in the same neurological hospital) explaining that I have to travel a long distance.

The secretary was most understanding and helful, and asked me very politely, if I would mind to wait another 2 hours after my initial appt, as by then she could find a space to fit me in. I was thrilled - I was planning to have some lunch anyway, so waiting 2 hours is not a problem, and it saves me another journey to London.

It is really, really uplifting to meet with common sense and understanding when you are in pain. I was thrilled - she made my day. And it is all under NHS.
It is good to have a nice news for a change.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Re: So thrilled, so grateful...

Post  theresae on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:37 am

Well done you, sometimes our dear old NHS does comes through for us, i hope it all goes well, let us know how you get on . xx
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:22 am

I will let you know, Theresa.

I am also a little anxious as it was explained to me that this treatment might not work every time, and that it might work differently each time, but this bout of pain is dragging on for too long, and I do not want to get into any chronic pain situation, still I know there is a risk involved.

I hope that changing weather in UK is not affecting you too much.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum