migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Migraine Research Funding - Please send an email?

+3
HeelerLady
30yrsofheadache
TeriRobert
7 posters

Go down

More Migraine Research Funding - Please send an email? Empty More Migraine Research Funding - Please send an email?

Post  TeriRobert Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:02 pm

We're starting to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel for getting the NIH to increase Migraine research funding. Senator Leahy and Congressman Welch have written a letter to the director of the NIH on the subject. In order for the letter to be effective, we need more Senators and Representatives to co-sign the letter.

Will you please take 10 minutes to email your Senators and Representatives? It's easy, and can be done in 10 minutes or less. For more information, please see: Migraine Research - Send an Email Today to Increase Funding!.

Thanks!
Teri

TeriRobert

http://www.HelpForHeadaches.com, www.MyMigraineConnection.com

Back to top Go down

More Migraine Research Funding - Please send an email? Empty Re: More Migraine Research Funding - Please send an email?

Post  30yrsofheadache Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:17 pm

I did it, very easy to do. Thanks for the info, Teri.
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

More Migraine Research Funding - Please send an email? Empty Re: More Migraine Research Funding - Please send an email?

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:26 pm

I did it too. Thanks Teri for posting the link.

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  TeriRobert Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Cindy & Becky,

You're very welcome. Thank YOU for sending your emails!

Teri

TeriRobert

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:32 pm

UK people, we need to do something like this.
I have posted it on MAA and Migraine Trust pages on Facebook and will go to their web pages.
Please add your comments as well.
thanks

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  mxgo Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:26 pm

The email is sent. I have also asked my sister, who is also a migraineur, to send an mail.

Oh yes, I did whine a little bit, in mentioning that current treatment, because of the current state of research, is "hit or miss."
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Post  jwar Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:47 am

I've gotten about 100 people to send emails, almost all of which are themselves NIH funded research scientists and/or medical students. Hopefully it makes a difference. I wish I could get 1000s of people to send letters.
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  TeriRobert Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:07 am

Thanks SO much for enlisting others to send emails too. That's wonderful!

Not a negative, but I should tell you this, both from personal experience and from general statistics on such things. When we ask friends to do things such as this, 10% at most of the people who say they will do it actually do. I get a copy of every email sent on this, and get reports about how many of them were a result of the original email I sent from the AHDA site. As of right now, only about 20 of the people who sent emails to their Senators and Representatives were not from my original mailing. When I ask friends to send these emails, I follow up with them in a couple of days to remind them.

Thanks again!
Teri

jwar wrote:I've gotten about 100 people to send emails, almost all of which are themselves NIH funded research scientists and/or medical students. Hopefully it makes a difference. I wish I could get 1000s of people to send letters.

TeriRobert

Back to top Go down

Post  TeriRobert Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:08 am

Thank you! It's good that you "whined" a bit. We need members of congress to hear it in our own words.

mxgo wrote:The email is sent. I have also asked my sister, who is also a migraineur, to send an mail.

Oh yes, I did whine a little bit, in mentioning that current treatment, because of the current state of research, is "hit or miss."

TeriRobert

Back to top Go down

More Migraine Research Funding - Please send an email? Empty If you want to email friends...

Post  TeriRobert Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:10 am

If any of you want to email your friends about this, I can send you a copy of the original email from the AHDA. It explains things a bit and has a "Take Action" link that makes it easy for people to send their email easily and quickly. I don't want to ask you to post your email addresses because that's a good way to get loads of spam. My profile is set up so that there's a button below my name, in the little box on the right of posts to let you email me.

Thanks again!
Teri

TeriRobert

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:36 am

Sent if off.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down